08.

Zoey's POV

                      Zoey's POV.

Thursday, February 24th, 2009 - 1:00am (The Swan Residence)

~ Update as to events that occured after last chapter ~

The night after the Bonfire, I fell asleep at Sam's and he told me that day I had to go because something came up. Which was fine with me, but I guess someone new has joined their gang. Embry Call. A good friend of Jacob's, I remembered him from childhood and he looks completely different now. Chopped off his hair, has the same tattoo as the other guys, and has the same overly warm body temperature.

But when I looked into his eyes the first time we met, I felt that same spark and pull towards him like I did with the others. I don't know what this means, but I'm hoping I will find out soon. I have a feeling the Legends has something to do with it.

Anyways, Bella started to make more progress; until one night two weeks ago, when she decided to go to the movies with Jacob and Mike Newton, a friend of hers from school. Of course she offered me to go as well, but I had to study for an test that night for one of my online classes.

When she got back she told me Jacob was acting strange, a bad temper that came from no where, and hot feverish skin. Since that night I guess Bella hasn't been able to see Jacob...

~ Update Finished ~

        That same night she got home.. Charlie and I thought that Bella was making good progress, it turned too good to be true. I guess from what I heard from Charlie, Bella has been trying to contact Jacob, but failed everytime; the only thing Billy said was that he was sick with Mono.

Since then, my best friend would wake up in the middle of the night and start screaming bloody murder. Both Charlie and I have been taking turns staying up late or not sleeping at all to help her be comforted. In all honesty, her behavior has really been scaring us.

Currently I was sleeping soundly, dreaming of the La Push group, when all of a sudden I heard a high pitched scream come from Isa's room.

"Aaaaahhh!!" My eyes quickly snapped open and I ran from my bed; in my sweats, and an old white t shirt, my hair up in a messy bun. I rushed to Bella's room, luckily it's right beside mine... Without question, I barged into her room.

I saw her squirming, holding her purple comforter in an iron grip, heavy breathing and screams falling out of her mouth; as if she was having a nightmare. I ran over to my best friend and gently shook her awake. She immediately woke up in a panic, a gasp leaving her mouth as she sat up on her elbows. I saw nothing but sadness, pain, and fear in her chocolate brown eyes.

Heavy breaths came out from her and she looked me in the eyes, when she finally snapped out of her vivid-dark thoughts, and had tears running down her face. Charlie soon came into the bedroom right after and joined me as I sat on the bed, dark circles under his eyes, which I'm sure that's how mine look as well.