02.

Zoey POV

Zoey POV.

~recap of what happened after last chapter ~

When I was able to get Bella out of her room. A week later, she started to hang out with her old friends again including me, which relieved me a lot.

...Meanwhile, Since I moved back to Forks the day after I got Bella out of her room, I decided to get a job instead of starting off in a new school. I'm not ready to go back into a public school where people constantly bullied me for my lack of confidence. Although, I am going to be doing online classes to still get a good education, this also gives me a chance to be independent.

~~~

Monday, Febuary 9th, 2009 - 7:00am

Today, I'm planning on going to the Diner that an old childhood friend of my Mom's is managing. I woke up that morning, got dressed, and talked to Bella before I left.

Charlie left for work already, so Bella and I we're eating breakfast at the table and chatting "Hey Zo, what are you up to today?" Bella asked me curiously.

I shrugged "I'm going to the diner to see if Cora is willing to hire me." Bella raised her eyebrows, seeming surprised that I want to get a job. "What about school?" I shook my head at her, "Isa, I really don't think I can go back to school physically again, after the hell I went through back in Pheonix. I mean come on you remember how many times you had to stand up for me?"

Bella sighed and nodded her head "It's a good idea, but I know how shy you get are you really ready for a job like that and what about your mom back in Arizona?" I scoffed lightly at the mention of my mother and looked down at my bowl, my brows furrowed in thought.

My mom could care less if I stayed in Forks, in fact I'm sure it would make her life so much easier without me. But am I really ready for a job? I shook my head, No I can't think that, I need to get out of my comfort zone.

I looked back up at Bella and gave a small smile "I appreciate your concern Isa but I really need to try to step out of my comfort zone. I can't rely on you and Charlie forever, I do plan on staying here as long as I can but... we all know that if I we're to move back to Arizona that my Mother would be more focused on her boyfriend than me, so that option would just be pointless." I paused and took a deep breath and continued,

"Eventually, I do want to find a place of my own so I don't have to be a burden to you guys. The main reason I want to do this though is for me. To make something of myself and not just be known as the shy and awkward girl who can't stand up for herself." I glanced at the clock on the wall and saw that it was almost 7:30am