10 | reflections

y/n = your name
e/c = eye color

this is based on the song 'reflections' by the neighbourhood.

y/n's pov

i was listening to some music with my earbuds in my room in my house, unfortunately not in my room on the tardis. i wish i was there it's much more comfortable then at my house. i was shuffling through my playlist when reflections by the neighbourhood came on and i started singing along to it, the song reminding me of the doctor. not hearing a wheezing like sound coming from behind me.

"where have you been? do you know when you're coming back?"
"cause since you've been gone, i've got along, but i've been sad."
"i tried to put it out for you to get, could've, should've but you never did"
"wish you wanted it a little bit, more but it's a chore for you to give"
"where have you been? do you know when you're coming back?"

i was about to sing the next part of the song but i heard nothing, then realized by earbuds were unplugged from my phone. i shook my head and was about to plug them back in but there was a tap on my shoulder and i swear i jumped like 5 feet into the air.  i saw a person standing there and i looked up to see their face and it was the doctor. hopefully he didn't hear me singing because my voice is horrendous.

"oh-um hello." i smiled a little and waved at him and he smiled back.

"hello y/n." he replied.

"d-don't tell me you heard me sing-"

"i did y/n and i've got to say, you have a beautiful voice." he said in a low-tone.

"really? my voice sounds like i'm about to break some glass." i laughed.

"was the song about me?" he asked.

"i-uh, would it be bad if i said yes?" i questioned with my head down, staring at my phone in my lap.

"no, never, how long have i been gone? i left you here like 10 minutes ago." he raised his right brow.

"3 years, 4 months, 16 days, 21 minutes and 9 seconds." i said quickly.

"yes i have been counting." i mumbled.

"no no, that can't be right..." he yelled, and walked over to me and sat down next to me on the bed. he turned me around so i was facing him and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"y/n, please look at me." he pleaded as my eyes were still gazing at the ground. i hesitantly looked up and my e/c eyes met his brown ones.

"i'm so sorry, the tardis must've taken me to the wrong date, please forgive me." he begged and he gave me puppy dog eyes, god i hate the puppy dog eyes and he knows that.

"f-fine, but just um- promise me one thing." i stated and he nodded his head.

"never leave me again."

"never."