10 | doctor?

a/n: this is a part 2 to "pet names and cuddles"

y/n: your name

y/n's pov

i shuffle a little in bed, just waking up i move my leg and it hits something. i perk up a little and see there's another figure in my bed. i freak out a little but realize it's the doctor and i smile.

he's still asleep. i thought. i lean over to see his peaceful face while sleeping. he's so beautiful. his breathing is evenly paced, my arm is around his chest and i can feel both of his hearts beating proudly. i mess with his hair a little, trying not to wake him. i decide to get up and get dressed, then realizing i was in the doctor's room, not mine.

i quietly leave the room, giving the doctor a final look before heading to my room. i go and get dressed and head to to the kitchen located down the hall from the doctor and i's room. i get out bowls and pans, i decided that i was gonna make the doctor some eggs, beans and toast. a generic scottish breakfast. since this regeneration is scottish.

it takes about 20 minutes to make all together, i hope the doctor isn't up yet. i put everything on a big plate and bring some juice along with it. i walk slowly to the doctor's room, trying not to drop everything. i enter and see him shuffle in the bed, good timing he's just now waking up. i stand there, not wanting to scare him. he sits up and runs his eyes then looks up at me.

"oh y/n."

"hi doctor, i brought you some breakfast. im not really that good at cooking though." i handed him the plate along with the juice.

"y/n, you didn't need to do this for me." he says as he looks down at the food.

"i like spoiling you, i just felt like giving you breakfast in bed today." i reply and sit down next to him.

"what is this stuff?" he asks.

"it's a generic scottish breakfast, eggs, toast and beans." i explain.

"what's scottish?" he tilts his head and i laugh.

"it's the accent you have silly." i giggle.

"yes, right that. sorry i was blanking out a little." he shakes his head a little and runs a hand through his messy hair. i stare at him with a concerned look.

"doctor are you alright?" i ask and he doesn't reply, in fact he doesn't even look up from his food.

"babe?" i whisper, you can hear the concern in my voice. he finally looks up.

"huh?" he says.

"are you sure you're alright? you didn't answer me when i said your name." i put my hand on his shoulder and he leans his head down to rub against my hand.

"you said babe and i answered you though?" he tilts his head again.

"no your real name, doctor." i say.

"right yeah that's my name doctor?" he asks.

"ok somethings definitely wrong with you." i say as i put my hand up against his forehead. his forehead seemed kind of warm and i frowned and stood up and left the room.

"y/n where are you going?" he asks as i leave, i don't answer him and i walk up the stairs to the tardis console.

"god i wish you could speak tardis." i said as my hand ran along the console.

"somethings wrong with the doctor, he doesn't even remember his own name. he only responds to pet names i give him." i ramble to the tardis, knowing i won't get an answer in return. suddenly i heard the tardis wheeze and the tardis shook, like we were moving.