10 | be my escape

a/n: inspired by the song be my escape by relient k.

y/n:

i was sort of a musician. i liked to call myself that at least, my family didn't think so at all. yes i am an adult but i still live with my parents because i don't have the money to get my own flat.

i was deep in my thoughts when i started thinking about him. the doctor. the man who had the very attractive scottish accent and the brown hair that sticks out everywhere. i travelled with him a couple of times to get away from my family, i loved it, i loved him... i really shouldn't though as i will never see the man of my dreams again.

i stood up, off of my bed and grabbed my electric guitar and plugged it into the amp, then i sat back down and adjusted the strings. i put on some headphones and relaxed my shoulders. i started playing the strings rapidly and started playing the song, singing along with song playing on my speaker.

i've given up, i'm giving up slowly

i'm blending in so you won't even know me

apart from this whole world that shares my fate

this one last bullet you mention is my one last shot at redemption

because i know to live you must give your life away

and i've been housing all this doubt and insecurity and

i've been locked inside that house all the while you hold the key

i stopped singing for a second, trying to catch my breath. i started crying a little once i got to that line of the lyrics. it was the definition of my life, locked inside this house. my family didn't let me leave unless they knew where i was going and they approved. i cleared my throat and started singing again. not even hearing the wheezing sound next to me.

and i've been dying to get out and that might be the death of me

and even though, there's no way of knowing

where to go, promise i'm going because

i gotta get out of here

i screamed that last lyric and continued to sing and play the guitar while crying.

i'm stuck inside this rut that i fell into by mistake

i gotta get out of here

and i'm begging you

i'm begging you

i'm begging you to be my escape.

i stopped singing and took a breath, but before i exhaled i heard footsteps from inside the room.

"i'll be your escape." a voice said and i turned my head to see the doctor leaning against the tardis staring at me. i slipped my headphones off of my ears, them resting on my neck. i stood up slowly and walked towards the doctor but not before running to him and embracing him into a hug.

"don't cry y/n, i don't like seeing you upset." the doctor begged as he rested his chin on my shoulder and buried his face into my neck.

"i'm sorry, it's just my family, i can't take them anymore. they don't feed me and they lock me in my room. i can't do anything about it." i say as i break down into a crying fit more.

"come with me then, we can get out of here." he says and i release him from the hug.

"really?" i whisper as i wipe the tears from my face.

"yes, really. i would love to have you as my partner, i mean um- companion." he coughs and blushes and i laugh.

"let me get my things okay?" i say and he nods and walks back into the tardis. leaving the door cracked just a little.

i start packing my clothes and my guitar stuff until i heard the front door of the house open. i look up from my bags in a panic.

"y/n get your arse down here!" my dad yells and i panic and start hurrying to finish packing. i hear him stomping up the steps of the stairs and i scurry to grab all of my bags and put them in the tardis. i enter the tardis, admiring her interior once again.

"go doctor, now." i say as he starts flipping all of the switches.

3rd person pov:

"y/n!!" y/n's father screams as he unlocks your door. he barges in and hears the wheezing sound of the tardis and he turned his head, just to see the tardis disappearing into thin air.

"what!?"