Chapter 51: Inviting Nikki

"Good morning, your breakfast is in the microwave," she tells Anthony as he walks through the kitchen.

            "Thank you," he says, kissing her temple and walking over to the microwave.

            She sets her book down. "So, what are you going to do today?" Nikki asks.

            "Well, I'd like you to meet my son," he answers.

            "What?" Nikki says, taking a sip of her orange juice.

             "I want you to meet him."

             "Maybe," Nikki smiles a little. "Maybe another time. You should spend time with him yourself."

            "Oh okay," Anthony says.

            "You still can go through," Nikki finishes eating.

             "I want you to come though."

            "Babe, you can still go without me. You go spend time with your son," she smiles.

            "I know," Anthony starts to eat again. Nikki watching him. She leans over and kisses his cheek. He gets up and picks up the dirty dishes, walking to the sink.

            "You don't have to clean up," Nikki says as Anthony takes her cup and plate.

            "I want to."

             "So, Craig goes on trial at the end of the week," Nikki informs him.

           "Yeah, I know. They want me to testify."

            "Yeah, I am too," she says, crossing her arms and leaning back against the chair. She sits there, resting her chin on her hand as she watches him. "What's that from?" she asks, pointing at the scar on his chest.

            "From getting shot by that asshole."

             "No, not that one. The other one on your right side."

            "Oh, it's from when I was in Afghanistan," Anthony answers as Nikki gets up and walks over to him, running her finger along the scar. Anthony watches her. "I enlisted when she gave him away and when I was there, I almost died."

            "How?" Nikki says softly, sliding her hands-on Anthony's hips.

            "I was taken as prisoner and tortured for a week," putting his arms around her.

            Anthony pulls away, kneeling down and raising her shirt a little as he softly kisses her stomach. Nikki running a hand through his hair as she watches him.

            "God, I hope they're yours," she says.

           "Me too," Anthony smiles.

            "I need to get ready for my baby shower," she says.

             "Do you want me to come with you for a little while at least?"

            "I mean if you want. It's probably going to be boring for you. My mom is going to go with me."

             "So, I might finally meet your mom?"

            "Um yeah I guess so," Nikki says.

            "Well, it's up to you."

            "How about I go with just my mom? I'm not exactly ready for her to meet my boyfriend since I'm technically still married since our divorce hasn't gone through yet."

            "Okay," Anthony nods.

            Nikki grins, sliding her hand on Anthony's neck, kissing him deeply. She slides her arms around his neck as they keep kissing. She gives him a couple more pecks than pulling away.

             "I have to get ready," Nikki says softly, pushing away and looking up at him. She pats his chest and walks away to her closet.

             "Nikki," Anthony calls out.

            She stops and turns. "Yeah?"

             "Once everything calms down, I want to marry you. I don't care if the twins are mine or not. I will raise them like they're mine," Anthony says.

             "Really?"

            "Of course," he nods