Pocky Game

It was late, and everyone on the Task Force had already gone home, leaving L and Light alone. L sat at his desk eating away at his many snacks. In the last 30 minutes, he ate twelve macaroons, three slices of strawberry shortcake, four chocolate chip cookies, and now he was eating a box of pocky.

He continued typing on his computer, while munching loudly on each pocky stick he put in his mouth. L usually wasn't a loud eater. In fact, he tried to keep his volume of eating down because he did it so often. But, today he was purposely eating louder because he could see how annoyed Light was getting. And today was one of those days where L just felt like getting under Light's skin.

Light's brow furrowed in frustration as he heard L's munching. He tried his best to ignore L's eating, but goddamn was it starting to get really annoying.

"Ryuzaki,"

"Yes Light-kun?"

"Do you mind eating just a little quieter?"

"Why?"

"Because your loud eating is really annoying."

"Hmmm...." L thought for a moment.

"No thanks Light-kun, I'm good."

"Seriously Ryuzaki?! I'm literally just asking you to eat quieter, so I can help you solve the case!" Light exclaimed exasperated.

L smirked at Light. He was really getting under Light's skin now. It's so fun to annoy you Light-kun. Or should I say Kira? L thought about saying that out loud, but he figured Light would just punch him if he did, so he decided it was best if he kept quiet.

Suddenly, an idea popped in L's head. "You know what Light-kun?"

Light looked over at L with an unamused raised brow.

"I'll be quiet,"

Yes! Finally! Light thought to himself.

"If," L continued.

If what?... What on earth is he going to say next?....

"If you play a game with me." L finished, with a devilish smile on his face.

A game? What kind of game? Can't he just shut up and eat quieter? Also, what's with that look on his face? This game can't be good if he's smiling like that.

"No, I'm good." Light answered.

L shrugged. "Alright, fine. Your choice Light-kun." L purposely ate his pocky even louder now to irritate Light even more.

Light tried his best to keep working, but he couldn't concentrate with L's loud eating in the background. Light knew that L was purposely trying to annoy him, and he would not give L the satisfaction of knowing that he got to him.

So Light took a deep breath, cracked his neck, rolled his shoulders, and kept typing. But L wasn't an idiot. He knew that Light was annoyed with him. So he just kept eating louder, and louder, and louder. Until Light finally broke.

Light stood up with an irritated sigh. "Fine! I'll play your stupid game Ryuzaki"

L looked at Light's annoyed face and smirked. "Great, glad you finally agreed Light-kun." He said smugly.

Light rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Just tell me what this game is."

"Have you ever heard of the pocky game Light-kun?"

Pocky game? Light had thought back to whenever he'd find his sister watching TV and he'd see two characters on each side of a pocky stick trying to eat it, and seeing who would pull away first.

"If you're referring to the one where two people eat one pocky stick and would see who would pull away first, then yes I do know what you're talking about."

"Glad we're on the same page. Ready to play Light-kun?" L asked, waving the box of pocky he was eating.

Wait we're actually going to do this?.. What if we end up...

Light sighed and grabbed his chair, making his way over to where L was sitting, with a pocky stick dangling from his lips.

Light looked at L right in the eyes. "I'm ready to play."

L smiled wickedly. "Game on Light-kun."

Light placed his lips on the opposite end of the pocky stick and began chewing. I'm so gonna win this. There's no way he's not gonna pull away. He's probably gonna pull away the minute our noses touch. Plus, there's no way in hell I'm gonna let myself lose to him of all people.

The two kept eating away at the pocky getting closer to each other. L noticed how their noses were just about to touch. You probably think that I'm gonna pull away now Light-kun. That is certainly not the case. I will win this!

L and Light started to get frustrated at how neither of them would pull away, and before they realized it, their lips were touching.

Oh shit. I'm kissing him. Light thought to himself. But he didn't pull away. Neither did L. In fact, L snaked his arms around Light's neck pulling him closer, deepening the kiss.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps near the door and they pulled away from each other hastily, faces flushed.

"Hey! Have you guys seen my cell phone? I think I left it here..." Matsuda asked, looking around the room.

L and Light shook their heads.

"Huh...okay then.... Also, are you two okay? Both of your faces are red" Matsuda said, observing their appearances.

"We're fine Matsuda," L waved him off.

"Actually, I think I saw your phone in the kitchen." L told him trying to get him out of the room.

"Oh okay! Thanks Ryuzaki!" Matsuda walked out of the room, leaving the two alone again.

L glanced over at Light whose face was still red.

"Well Light-kun, I guess we tie- "

L was cut off when Light kissed him again. "Just shut up and eat quieter next time will you?" Light mumbled against his lips.