Wish You Were Here

A/N: It's Light Yagami aka the god of the new world's birthday! (As of this being published) So, in honour of that I decided to write a oneshot for it. I originally had something really cute and fluffy planned, but I wrote this instead. Hope y'all enjoy it!

Light closed his eyes and leant his face on his hand with a sigh. He was exhausted. It was a boring day with the investigation, and nothing interesting happened.

The rest of the Task Force were currently elsewhere, and the last thing Light remembered was everyone saying they were getting lunch. They left at around noon, but it was already 4 o'clock and they still haven't come back.

Where the hell is everyone? It's been four hours.

Light stared at his computer screen with a blank expression, feeling himself slowly detach from reality. Light tells himself to keep working, but his mind is elsewhere. He feels like he's forgetting something, but he couldn't figure out what.

Light continued looking absently at his computer, until Matsuda came into the room.

"Light!" Matsuda exclaimed, bringing Light back to reality.

"Huh?" Light blinked. "Oh hey Matsuda. What's up?"

"I- uh well," Matsuda stuttered, trying to find his words. "I wanted to show you something! It uhm has to do with the investigation!"

Light looked at Matsuda suspiciously. He was acting odd. Odder than usual at least, Light noticed.

Light nodded slowly and spoke. "Alright. What is it that you wanted to show me?"

"It's not here, it's at your parents' house." Matsuda told him.

Light raised an eyebrow at Matsuda's words. My parents' house? Why there?

"Why my parents' house?" Light asked suspicious, crossing his arms.

"It's because uhm-" Matsuda struggled to find the right words to say. "It's because uhh, it's because the rest of the Task Force is already there! After we went out for lunch, we reconvened at the Chief's house and found some interesting information there! And uh we didn't have time to come back here!" Matsuda finished nervously.

Light narrowed his eyes at Matsuda. He was  behaving stranger than usual. He's definitely hiding something. It was painfully obvious too. Matsuda wasn't a great liar, and Light could see right through him. Although, Light was curious as to why Matsuda was acting so strangely so he figured he would just go along with whatever he wanted to do.

"Okay fine. To my parents' house it is then."

"Yes! Great! Let's go Light!" Matsuda said, as he made his way out of the room.

Light followed Matsuda out of the room, still trying to figure out why he was acting so strange. He couldn't come up with anything very justifiable and came to the conclusion that it was just Matsuda being Matsuda as per usual.

Matsuda drove them to Light's parents' house. The ride there was silent, which was something Light was grateful for. He didn't feel like talking and he was sure that having a conversation with Matsuda wasn't going to be very interesting or engaging.

Light stared out the car window, watching the snow fall gently from the gray sky as various buildings, stores, and cars of Tokyo moved past him. He had this itching feeling that he was forgetting something. Something significant, something important. But he couldn't for the life of him figure out what.

Light sighed. He wasn't going to figure it out anytime soon.

"Light!" Matsuda exclaimed, snapping Light out of a trance for the second time today. "We're here!"