A Call

Panchito was sitting on the bed-couch in his apartment, watching a novela. His phone started to ring as it was laying on his counter table. He look towards it, and back to his tv. He was hesitant to be away from what he was watching, as it was getting to the best part, but stood up with a annoyed grunt nonetheless. He walked over quickly, and looked at the caller ID. It was his long time friend, Donald.

"Hey Donald! Whatcha calling for?" He said as he answered with a smile.

"Hey Panchito, I was thinking, we haven't seen each other in while. So why don't we get together again, even more for the holidays! I already called and asked José, and he said he's on board with it."

José. Panchito and José would text or call every so often, having some thing to talk about each time nonetheless. Panchitos chest filled with flutters thinking about the green macaw. He let out a soft smile

"I mean sure, why not? It would be nice to see you all again!"

"Alright, great! My Uncle Scrooge will pay for your guys tickets here!" In the distance you can hear a scream of a certain Scottish man, and the duck let's out a nervous chuckle, 

"I'll call you later Panchito!" the call ends in a rush.

A few minutes later, Panchito gets an automated text from Venmo "DONALD DUCK sent $275 for 'ticket'".

Panchito let out a small giggle. He was excited to see his friends again, sure maybe one more than the other, but excited nonetheless. He went back to sit on his bed-couch to watch his novela.

Or at least tried. The rooster couldn't get the excitement out of him. Just thinking about seeing José again made him want to jump up in happiness. He hasn't seen him in a while, so of course seeing his bestfriend would get him happy, right?

No, Panchito knew that wasn't it. He wouldn't deny he's been having feeling for the bird. He's admired him ever since college, but always from afar, and he was fine with that.

Panchito started to doze off to sleep with happy thoughts of seeing his best friends.

Word Count: 345