Legal Talk and Tea Time

What were we supposed to do now? I held Beaker in my arms and consoled him while we sat on the couch in silence. We have a little money saved up that can get us by while we try to find new jobs. It was supposed to be used for our wedding, but I guess getting married can wait. I held Beaker closer to me.
"Meep?"
"Yeah, I'm okay. Or at least as okay as I can be." I gave Beaker a kiss on the forehead.

I'm so conflicted about the whole thing like on one hand I want to make a bomb out of plutonium and leave it at Miss Piggy's door and on the other I wanted to make a time machine out of the plutonium and take it all back. Even though my career was currently unstable at least I still had Beaker and if I had him I knew everything was going to be alright.

Suddenly we heard a knock on the door. Beaker and I looked at each other confused. We weren't expecting anyone. I slowly untangled myself from Beaker and got up to answer the door. It was Kermit. What was he doing here?
"Hey Kermit. What are you doing here?"
"Meep?" Beaker had gotten up and was standing at the door with me.
"Hey guys how are you holding up?"
"Meep, meep meep."
"So any news?"
"I'm sorry... I couldn't get your jobs back but I have a plan!"
"Meep?"
"You can sue Miss piggy."
"Meep meep?!"
"Yeah Beakers right sueing seems a little extreme."
"She broke a law and committed a hate crime. I'll even pay for the lawyer."
"Well... we'll think about it but do you want to come in and have some tea."
"I'm always down for some tea."