EPISODE 25

Shahana was tired after running such a distance, but she did not stop. Her labor was not wasted as she found a small roadside stall. An old man was standing at it. Shahana staggered upto it. She requested the old man to lend his phone as she was in trouble. Being kind, the old man agreed to help her.

She tried to call Pragya and Prachi at first, but they didn't pick up the call as their phones were not with them. Shahana didn't know whom to call next. Suddenly her fingers began typing a number automatically.

The phone was ringing and she was feverishly wishing for the person to pick up the call. 

"Hello......I'm Shahana." she spoke immediately as soon as the person picked up the call.

"Shahana! Where are you? Are you ok?" the other person's voice was full of concern.

"Aryan.....Bittu.....kidnapped me......I ran away somehow." she panted.

"Where are you now?" he asked.

Shahana looked around and found a sign board. "I'm at a place named Bislagaon. I think it's the outskirts of Delhi." she informed.

"Stay there. I'm coming. Don't worry. I'll be there soon." he assured her.

Aryan's words gave her relief. She decided to find a hiding place till he came. As she turned around, she faced Bittu smirking at her. The phone dropped from her hand.

"You....you...." she stammered.

"Did you think that you could escape sweetheart? You forgot that your delicate feet can't carry you as fast as my jeep can." he said cupping her face and giving an evil smile.

Shahana jerked her face away.

"What are you waiting for? Take her in the jeep." he ordered his goons. "And remember that if you care for your life, you saw nothing." he threatened the old man brandishing his gun.

Once back in the godown, they gagged and bound Shahana once again.

"Don't worry dear. This won't last for long. Everything is arranged for our marriage. Once you marry me, you will be free. So, let's not waste time. Just wear this and we will be ready." he said handing her a red dupatta.

"My answer remains the same. I WILL NOT MARRY YOU. You may kill me but I will never marry you." she declared.

"I won't kill you, but I think this may change your decision." he said pointing towards the door.

A small girl was standing there with a smile on her face.

"Shahana di! How are you? I missed you so much when you went to study." the girl said cutely.

Instead of being happy, Shahana's eyes were horrified. A man was pointing a gun towards the girl at her back.

"Anya, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"Bittu bhaiya told that you have come to meet me." the girl replied innocently.

"Why are you dragging her in?" Shahana asked Bittu angrily.

"You love the children of the orphanage a lot, don't you? If you want her to stay alive, do whatever I say else......." he said.

Shahana glanced at the lovely face of the child staring at her.

No! She could not put anyone's life in danger because of her.

"Okay, I am ready. But you have to let her go." she said defeatedly.

"That's like my girl. Anya will remain here till our marriage gets over so that you can't trick me." he gave an victorious smirk and ordered his goon to lower the gun.

 Bittu then freed Shahana and put the dupatta on her head. He dragged her to the mandap where the priest had lit the holy fire. The priest asked them to sit down. 

Shahana was helpless. The rituals began. Shahana was performing them mechanically as if she was lifeless. The only sign of life in her was the tears continuously flowing from her eyes and perhaps her heart which was praying for Aryan to come and save her.

-----

Aryan was driving the car as fast as he could. He usually didn't drive rashly, but today was different. He had to reach Bislagaon as soon as possible.

If he was late....... No, no he could not think about the consequences even.

Soon he reached the location, but Shahana was nowhere to be found. Moreover, it was getting dark and it was becoming difficult to search her. Various fearful thoughts began clouding his mind.

"What are you searching for, child?" a person asked.

Aryan turned around to face the same old man. "Have you seen this girl any where?" he asked showing Shahana's picture.

The old man was debating what to answer. Bittu had threatened him.

"Please tell me uncle if you know where she is. She is in danger and I need to save her." Aryan pleaded.

The man felt bad seeing the pain and worry in Aryan's eyes. He decided to help him.

"A man took her forcefully in towards the abandoned godown." he said.

"Thank you so much uncle. This help means a lot." he thanked him.

"You can thank me later. Now go and save her." he smiled.

Aryan didn't waste a single minute and proceeded in that direction.

"The girl seems to be his beloved. O Lord, please help this Krishna to save his Radha." he prayed.