0.6

friday, january 23rd 2015

there's a party tomorrow. everyone's going, which means you're going to be there. i'm already nervous, i don't know what i'm wearing or going to say if i talk to you or what i'm going to do if i see you or just what i'm going to do in general.

i really enjoy scheduled things and nothing has been going according to any plan and you've just royally fucked that all up for me.

you made me late for my home economics class because you were running late for gym. you yelled my name across the hallway and told me to wait for you until you caught up, i acted embarrassed, but honestly i couldn't be happier, you talked to me.

you walked in sync with me for the rest of the walk to our classes, that are adjacent to each other, your arm tightly wrapped around my shoulders, cheek pressed against the top of my head, while i was internally dying.

"you guys should date!" el yells from the end of the hall, she's a bit taller than me, blond and blue eyed, is overall a really great listener and very enthusiastic about life, but gets fucked over a lot, she's also the one who's throwing the party tomorrow.

you smile and blush and so do i, but i flip her off and quickly unravel myself from your arm as we approach our classes. I fling open the door as you scramble to the gym, but not before yelling, "bye babe!"

i close the door behind me before i can say anything else because i didn't want there to be a "but," or a "just kidding," because that's was enough. there was no need for a spin off, an add on or an interjection.

all the memories of how close we used to be flooded my mind the rest of class which led to me adding one cup of milk instead of two, and my sugar cookies turned out very dry, i smiled through the sand-like cookies because you talked to me.