0.2

tuesday, november 30th 2014

you seem more distant lately. i don't know what happened, but we used to talk constantly. you moved seats and i had to sit alone, so i moved seats. it's closer to you but not close enough to seem desperate. you moved back to your original seat. what did i do?

when everyone thinks i'm paying attention i'm actually watching you from the corner of my eye, you're laughing and smiling, while i'm here, two rows away, wondering if you were ever like that around me.

we used to be close. i invited you to my birthday parties, but i was never invited to yours. you would always say that you didn't have my address, for a while i believed you but then when I gave it to you, you said you had a limit of people.

by then i had figured out you didn't want me there, which is okay because i probably wouldn't invite me either. i guess i should've taken that as a sign of some sort, that eventually you would grow tired of making excuses and just stop talking to me all together. i'm sorry.

you used to like me, you wanted to be around me, you would blow up my phone, you even told your friends you liked me. what happened? what changed? was it me? or have you?

when i see you in the hallways, I try to smile, you look away like you didn't see me. i know you did. but that's okay because i wouldn't want to talk to me either. every time i gather up the courage to talk to you, i only get as far as one step in your direction and you have already turned away from me and continue to walk with your friends. i don't know if you hate me or not, but if you do, couldn't you at least tell me what i've done?

i don't mean to annoy you. you were never like this before. i don't know if I like the new you. you never liked it when i cursed, but now you can barely get a sentence out without swearing. you're never around our friends anymore. only your new friends. you have new clothes now, and a new attitude. maybe that's why you don't like me now, is it because i'm not new? or is it because you don't like to be reminded of the past?

you don't make an effort to answer my texts, or anything else i've tried to do, so i think i'm going to stop trying.