Chapter 12 - Disappointment

It was late in the morning but early in the afternoon. I had woken up a bit later than usual, somehow I managed to stay asleep for almost seven full hours. After I got myself ready for the day fairly quickly. Formaggio, Illuso, Prosciutto and Pesci had left earlier in the morning to complete another job. Risotto was very vague about it, he said that the whole team might have to move out and help, but he didn't specify what he meant. I spent the rest of the morning not doing much, mainly reading since I didn't have any missions scheduled. My little peace was interrupted by a knock on the door, followed by Risotto entering the room. He seemed pretty tense and startled.

-You can heal any wounds, right?
-Yeah...?
-Come with me immediately.

I never saw Risotto being so tense, it began making me worried as well.

I followed him to the front door. There, I saw Formaggio laying on the floor, badly burned, with so many gunshot wounds that I couldn't even count them. By the looks of it, it was a miracle that he was even alive.

-Formaggio what the hell happened to you??
-...Can you heal him?

Risotto asked me. Now I understand why he looked so startled.

-I can but... With wounds this bad, it might take some time...

I called out my Stand and kneeled down next to him. Formaggio had just left for a mission a few hours ago, I thought he would get a little bit injured since Risotto said that today's is a tough target, I didn't think he was on the verge of death. 
What if Illuso is in the same situation as him?
As I healed Formaggio, Melone and Ghiaccio just watched, while Risotto disappeared off back to his office.
When I finished healing the most severe wounds, Formaggio was finally able to speak some words.

-Ha... Man, that guy really got me...
-What happened? We all thought you were dead!

Melone started questioning him.

-Nothing serious, just, that guy got me for a second...
-Nothing serious? In the last few years, I have never seen something this serious!

I scolded him, as I was almost done with healing him. Hmph. So many shot wounds. Seeing this many injuries made me remember that one time I worked with Bruno Bucciarati. One of his teammates, Narancia, had a Stand that would inflict similar wounds. It was one of my 'good' collaborative work experiences.

There were only about five wounds left to treat, I was almost done healing him. But in that second, the door flew open, centimetres away from hitting me.

-Someone... Help me...

The person who opened the door whispered, before falling to the floor. The person was none other than...

-Illuso!?

Formaggio screamed as he saw him. I quickly finished healing Formaggio and took a closer glance at Illuso. He was missing an arm, he was badly injured, he was losing so much blood, he basically had every issue in this world. The healer can't catch a break in this house!
Now I have to regrow a whole damn limb. Worst case scenario: Bright Shadow is gonna ditch the dizzy side effects and is going to downright murder me after I'm done healing him.
I moved my Stand over to cure Illuso, as the others began talking, mostly wondering how in the world did he survive. As I was almost done healing him too, their conversation reached my ears.

-How did you end up like this?? Who did you fight??
-That guy's Stand... It could spread a virus... I got infected, that's why I am, or, I was, missing an arm...

A Stand that can spread a virus. If I remember correctly, the kid named Fugo on Bucciarati's team also had a similar Stand power, I've never seen it in action though because it was deemed too dangerous to be used.

When I finished healing Illuso, my body felt extremely heavy and drained. As I got up to head back to my room, their conversation reached my ears again.

-That damn Capo... We'll get the girl and have all of them killed the next time we meet...!

In that instant, everything clicked. The wounds made by Aerosmith, the virus of Purple Haze, La Squadra having always been after the Boss, Bucciarati being the most reliable subordinate of Polpo, the new Capo of Passione protecting the Boss's daughter...Risotto, that idiot! He's seriously sending his team after Bucciarati to get to the Boss's daughter, to possibly get some information out of her...!
As if I had summoned him with my thoughts, the silver-haired man walked out of his office.

-...Illuso? You're alive too?

I didn't care that he was 'worried' about his teammates. If he was really that worried, he wouldn't have sent them after Bruno to begin with! All the dizziness, tiredness and heaviness I could have felt a split second prior disappeared, replaced by pure rage mixed with disappointment.

-Have you completely lost your mind?!

I'm not the kind of person to get mad over what my superior's decisions are. But I'm part of a team, this is MY team, I have the right to care and worry about my teammates' lives. If they're against Bruno Bucciarati and his team, death is the only thing waiting for them. It's useless. No matter for what reason of "pride" they would still at least try to kill them, it would be useless; why would you throw yourself into death's arms when you could still be able to use your abilities in a battle you could win?

-Why didn't you tell me that you were going to betray Passione?? I'm into this with all of you, am I not???

Heck, having been "forced" to betray Passione is the last thing on my mind. I was going to betray the organization someday anyway.

- Why didn't you tell me about this!? When are you going to send ME off to die against those guys!? If only you knew about their intentions...! If only you would've told me! So you care about your team so damn much, huh?? If you really did care, you would've sent them off to stalk Bucciarati's team not to attempt killing them!!

I was yelling right into his face, not moving my glance from the depths of his eyes. Everyone in the room stood there in shock from my sudden snap. I don't think anyone expected the "quiet and mysterious Ravioli" to be able to get this mad. But I didn't care who was staring at me, or who was questioning my behaviour. All that I cared about was to get my point across to Risotto.

-I'm going to retrieve those two. You sent them off against Bucciarati too, didn't you?!

I concluded my shouting and immediately rushed for the door and went to look for Prosciutto and Pesci. I didn't even give anyone time to react.

-I'm disappointed...

I whispered under my breath as I slammed the door shut.
Great. Now, where were those two going again?

💖A/N***

Hey people! Nice to see y'all again! sorry I haven't updated in... almost 3 weeks 😳
I was busy because of... you guessed it, SCHOOL
so, double chapter today!