Chapter 21 - darkness.

Y/N's POV

Risotto had held me through all of my despair. Despite all of my screaming and tears, he stood by me through it all. I thought that after someone saw my scars I would be left alone to fend for myself, or straight up killed. But he didn't leave. He saved me from the attacker, he bandaged my wound, he even took the knife out of my hand when I tried to kill myself and didn't let me go once while I broke down. It took a long time, but after that long while, my tears seemed to have stopped, and I wasn't shaking anymore. I leaned into Risotto's chest. His warmth and his arms were so... comforting. I just felt... safe. His warmth was something I could've gotten used to. I had never been held this way, any form of touch had become danger after that one dammed night.
I wanted to enjoy the moment, I wanted to bask in the long-forgotten feeling of complete safety, I wanted to stay awake, but the tiredness quickly took over me, and I drifted off to sleep.

***

The tender rays of the morning sun hit my face, gently waking me up. I opened my eyes, and noticed that I was in the bed I woke up in after the incident yesterday. But there was no trace of the warmth I was comforted by last night...

Where is Risotto?

The worst-case scenario flashed through my mind.

He couldn't... He wouldn't... right??

I got out of the bed and quickly put my shoes on. My shirt was almost completely torn at the back, my scars were completely visible and out in the open. I found a white jacket in one of the closets of the vacation home and threw it over my shoulders, then left the house immediately. I wanted to run, but the wound on my abdomen still hurt a lot, and I couldn't heal it because I needed the energy in case what I feared was happening was actually happening.

I rushed down the stairs and out of the door. I stumbled down the road and I was nearing Costa Smeralda. I looked down towards the beach and saw Bucciarati's group, and on the road a little ahead of me, for a few seconds, I noticed a familiar silhouette. That... please don't let that be him...!

I ran down the street to get to where I saw him. My wound opened up again, I clenched my bandages, ignoring what was happening to me as much as I could. In an instant, I saw Aerosmith appear and shoot someone. This can't be happening...! I got to the point of the street which was right above where Bruno's team was, just as I heard Narancia yell something I had rather not hear.

-Yes! I have almost taken them down!!

I have to stop them...!

-Narancia!!! Stop!!!

I screamed as loudly as I could.

-Huh? R-Ravioli?!

He looked in my direction with a face full of confusion, followed by his team members

-Whoever you're shooting, stop!!! That's... that's my partner!!!

I screamed again and kept running towards the cliff. For once, I was praying for my eyes to have betrayed me. I was praying to be wrong. But, to my dismay, they didn't, and I was terribly right.

Risotto was on the ground, barely hanging on, his body full of wounds. I didn't want this to be real, I wanted to wake up from this twisted dream. A boy was standing over him. A pink-haired boy, but he was everything but innocent. He was just about to finish Risotto off. The Boss... That's definitely the Boss...!

-Stop!!!

I screamed again, and he looked at me. Those green eyes. I could recognize those eyes anywhere.

-Who are you?!
-Don't you remember???

I turned around and removed my jacket.

-Don't you remember me?!
-You... You're the daughter of that traitor!

He growled stepping closer to me.

I threw a couple of my knives at him, but somehow, they didn't hit him. They landed on the ground, where they were supposed to land if the Boss wasn't there. What is this ability?

-You're a bit slow, L/N.

I shivered at hearing my last name. I hadn't heard anyone call me that for so long. And the one calling me that just now was the Boss. The one who took all my life away. My slight shock turned into full-blown spite and anger. I threw another knife, he "dodged" that one too. I have to stay calm. For Risotto, and my family, I can't mess this up. I tried strategizing and threw five other knives from different angles, but all of them missed.

-Ravioli!!! Get down!!! I'll use Aerosmith!!!

I heard Narancia as he and the rest of Bruno's group were getting closer. That would have been ideal, Aerosmith would take down the Boss. But he dodged all of my attacks. All of them. Not a single knife hit him. He was standing right in front of Risotto, and Narancia was coming from the opposite direction. The realization hit me. I jumped in front of Risotto, just as Aerosmith was about to shoot. I was ready to get shot, no matter how many times, I could handle it. Risotto couldn't, he was barely breathing.

I was ready to get shot. Instead, I found myself on my knees with an extremely large wound on my abdomen. I fell down, and some of the bullets hit Risotto. I crawled to him and grabbed his coat's collar, and kept a tight grip on it as if my life depended on it. I used all the energy I had left to heal the most severe wounds of his.

-Y/N...you have to leave... just leave me behind...
-No...! I won't leave you here...!

His voice was so weak.

-Y/N stop! you'll be killed too!
-I won't stop... until the both of us get out of this alive!

My vision began to blur, I felt lightheaded. Risotto placed a hand on my cheek.

-Y/N stop... just go...

He begged as his expression got more worried and defeated.

-I... I won't...

My breathing got more shallow. I was struggling to see. I felt Risotto's warmth slowly fade from under my palms. No... I can't... I can't let it fade...!

But then the only thing I saw was darkness.

💖A/N***
Welp... Things are indeed happening 👀
Expect more regular updates this month! Have a nice day people!