Chapter 14 - Objective

-Alright. You can come with me.

I flashed him a small smile, I was glad I could be part of this mission. I hadn't smiled genuinely in so long, my cheekbones even felt a bit sore.

-When are you planning to get going?

I asked him while standing up.

-Right now. There's no time to lose.
-Good idea.

We got going right away.  He quickly summarized all the information with had at hand as we walked. Right now they were headed for Venezia, they were going to make it there by the morning if they were lucky. We weren't the only ones eager to get our hands on any information about the Boss, after all. After Illuso attacked them, some other fellow Passione betrayers also tried to take the girl, but they all failed miserably as expected.

I was walking right beside Risotto, we both had our invisibility abilities activated. Our plan was to get on an overnight train as quickly as possible and figure out something from there. We were walking in the shadows of the alleyways and there weren't any people around, plus we were both invisible, yet I couldn't shake off a feeling of uneasiness. I'm used to keeping my guard up at all times and the feeling made me even more alert. I tried to calm down since it could've been just my imagination, but I still had my guard up and ready for action. And then, my uneasiness turned out to be justified. A bullet pierced through my shoulder, if it would've been just a few centimetres off it would've hit my throat. My Stand ability faltered and I was visible again. I didn't hear a gunshot go off... did they use a silencer?

-R-Risotto! Move!!

I instinctively called out to him, another bullet was fired off and hit him in the side, making his ability fade too.
I can't believe it... we just left the Hideout and we're already getting attacked!

We were in a mess at the moment, we didn't know the whereabouts or even the identity of the attacker. They even attacked us with a frightening precision even though we were invisible. Plus, we were both injured. I looked around frantically thinking of what to do next. Suddenly the streets got familiar and I decided that fleeing was the best option. I grabbed Risotto by the wrist and dragged him away. After reaching the end of the street I turned a corner and finally opened the door of a house. I shut the door closed behind us immediately. I called out my Stand and began healing him.

-We're gonna be safe here for a while, no bullet can pierce these walls.
-How are you so sure about that?
-This is my house, I know what damages it.
-... For how long did you have a house?
-I bought it about two years ago...? But I always stay at the Hideouts. They're safer.

I finished healing his wound and began healing my own shoulder.

-Do you have any clues on that guy's ability?

He asked observing the outside street from the corner of the window.

-I don't...

I responded while also peeking outside the window. I observed the white cloud forming on the window as I breathed. Then a thought came to my mind.

-Wait... I have a guess...

I said looking at Risotto and he looked back at me, signalling to explain my point.

-It's probably a Stand ability that has something to do with body heat. If that's the case, it would explain how we were attacked despite being invisible.
-You've got a good point. 
-Got any idea on defeating him?

We actually managed to work out a plan in only a few minutes. We both walked out of my house and stood around for a few minutes, having both of our invisibility abilities activated. As expected, another bullet was fired. When we got shot earlier, Risotto noticed that the bullets were made with iron. We used that fact to our advantage, Risotto created a small magnetic field, and the bullet flew over my shoulder and into the ground. My sense enhancing ability was also activated, and I saw exactly where the bullet came from. I pulled out my gun and shot in that direction and rushed to get to the person after us. I jumped onto the roof and saw a man getting away with an injured shoulder. So my shot did land some damage, huh.

I ran after him and shot him again in the leg. He fell down hugging his leg in pain. He was wearing some kind of goggles, which disappeared immediately after. So that's his Stand. I reached him and put a knife to his throat.

-Who are you and why are you after us?!

He ignored my question and just kept breathing heavily. I pushed my blade closer to his throat making his skin bleed a little.

-Don't ignore my question! Unless you want to suffer a painful death!

He was quiet for a few more seconds, then he finally talked.

-Don't you know?? I've been keeping my eyes on La Squadra for a while...You're fucking betrayers... You'll never reach the Boss! Ravioli... I know why you're always wearing that coat! And I'll make sure that the Boss will know too! -

I stabbed him instinctively. He didn't know anything, did he? And if he did know something, nobody else knew, right?

-What's up with him?

I turned around and saw that Risotto had caught up to me.

-N-Nothing... He was just a spy.

I tried my best to not sound panicked or make my voice tremble. He didn't hear anything, right? 

-Come on, let's get going...

I simply said walking past him. I didn't want to stay there any longer, I wanted to get away as quickly as possible, and I didn't want Risotto to ask any questions regarding the situation.

I thought I had protected myself enough. I thought the only one who knew something about me was Risotto, and the only information he knew was my name. Why did that guy know about that? Was he just bluffing? But his threats were specific... too specific to be a bluff... And if it was a bluff, it cost his life, and why would he bluff like that?

However he got whatever information about me, he's dead, and my mission now is to reach Bucciarati's group, find the Boss, and take him down. That's my objective. It has always been. I can't and won't lose my focus from my main mission. My only mission. I can't lose this battle.

💖A/N***

No one:
the last A/N: "I promise, this was probably the last slow update chapter for while"
Me: *Posts this chapter 29 days later*

I'm sorry I updated this story so late... again
but hey
Spring break is coming up so I'll have a bunch of time to write!
I swear school sucks... no wonder Narancia stopped studying lol

See ya later, I hope you'll have a great day/night!

Arrivederci!