2 - The Game Plan

I'm Lottie her words echo my mind all through practice, why was that brunette stuck in my head?

"Ugh coach is being a bitch" Ethan's voice snaps time out of my thoughts, coach is making us run extra laps for all the weight we had gained during break "My legs can't do this anymore, I don't know why I joined this team" He says, "I'm sure now you regret not exercising with me this summer huh" Dom replies to him.

I think that conversation explains everything about my two best friends, Dom is the dad of the group, Ethan in the irresponsible one we need to take care of and I'm in the middle when they get into an argument.

"Okay guys come here" Coach announces blowing his whistle.

"Okay, as you know, Carter, the old QB and captain, graduated last year, so this year we're gonna have a new one and I don't think it will be a surprise for most that the new QB and captain is Kalen" He says and motions to me, loud cheers surround us as Ethan and Dom jump and push me.

"Thanks coach, is an honor" I say truthfully

"Okay now head to the showers you all stink" He tells us and the crowd disperses as we grab out stuff from the side of the court and head to the dressing rooms.

Half an hour later Ethan, Dom and I head out to go grab something to eat, we end up in joe's pizza as usual and order our go to.

After devouring that we walk back to the football house. It is this big ass house were most of the team lives except for the freshmen and some seniors. 

Ethan and Dom have been my friends since high school, after that we all applied to NYU together and now here we are.

They are like my family, along with the team but still I trust them more than anyone.

After my dad and I got into a big fight because he wanted me to drop football and become a lawyer just like him, we stopped talking.

I sure have a family situation, my mom left us when I was younger, then my dad became a workaholic, eventually met this woman when I was about to finish high school and he made a new family, almost forgetting about me, until it was time to go to college and he got stuck in his head that I should be a lawyer.

There's nothing more I want in my life than going pro and playing in the NFL, of course I study english literature as a backup plan but I don't really see myself doing anything besides it.

Football has been my life since I was around 7, constantly going to college games before my family fell apart, I guess that's part of why I like it, it reminds me of when my family hadn't fell apart.