PROLOGUE

Casimir The Second.

The name itself brought the worst of nightmares to people. No one knew what would happen to them if he found them. No one knew what to do if he captured them. And no one knew whether they would live to see another day if he was near them.

But if there was anyone who could start a fire, it was him.

He was the one who could start up a storm, literally, and run away from his prison.

He was the one who could bring the queen to end the leader's threat once and for all.

He was the one who could set things right.

Henry Bailey leaned back, his head touching the dusty wall behind him. He closed his eyes, willing his breath to keep steady, as he thought about everything he had been through - the torture, the killing, the rest of the prisoners telling him that finding a way out of this hellhole was worthless, the constant pain when he would think about his family. He felt his heartbeat beat quickly again, but this time he let it be.

I should've listened to them. I shouldn't have come here.

His hands fisted without him knowing, tears freely flowing from his eyes, down his cheeks. He started shaking slightly, his body trembling against the prison wall. He opened his eyes, and wished he could think of something, anything else instead of his mistake.

But he couldn't.

He knew that if he did anything, even if it meant calling the queen, he would be going against the prophecy.

He groaned in frustration, earning angry looks from his fellow prisoners. "Quiet down!", one said, "Are you trying to get us killed?"

"Oh, shut it, Margaret!", a male voice said, "Just because I got us into this mess, doesn't mean you have to scream at someone else. If the man wants to yell, let him yell. What more can he do anyway?"

He's right.

What more can I do?

He closed his eyes again, trying to bring himself back into a state of calm and equilibrium, just like he tried to do everyday since he was held hostage. But no matter whatever he would do, he wasn't able to calm down. 'Calm' was a foreign concept to him, especially after being a prisoner of the most vengeful criminal in the kingdom - but he was willing to try.

That was when the unexpected happened.

"Henry Bailey."

Henry opened his eyes.

"Ignis?"

The king smiled. "So, you are still living another day."

Henry chuckled. "It seems I am."

He walked up to the rusted gate of the cell and said, "The queen. Does she know about me yet?"

Ignis looked down. Henry's heart stopped beating.

She doesn't know who I am.

That's why she's taking this long.

No, that's why she hasn't come here at all.

"You... you didn't tell her?"

The Elder One looked back up at him. "It's not her time yet, Henry."

"Then when is it? I am living here for the past decade or two, Ignis. I've never seen the sun come up or set as far as I can remember. I can't sit here without accepting the fact that I'll be the next one he kills. I can't think about what Amber is going through because of my foolishness. And I can't sit here until Natasha realizes that she means too much to everyone here, including me. So, help me, king. How long, Ignis, how long? How long till I see the sunrise again? How long till I reunite with my family once more? How long until this man is destroyed?"

"Patience, Henry. She will soon get the sign. And I promise you - she will remember who you are. She will reunite you to your family once again. And rest assured of the fact that Casimir will be killed. Soon. All you need is time."

Henry nodded. Just then, Ignis disappeared in a puff of black smoke. He sighed.

If only he knew someone else was going to find him.....

A/N: Hey y'all!

Whassup?

I'm finally back with another update! Hope you liked this snippet of Henry's life!

What do you think is gonna happen in this book? Lemme know!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Love you all!

Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay tuned for VERY VERY VERY irregular updates!

Sending positivity hugs from Singapore,

Tasya ;)

Tasya  ;)