Her eyes were Thunderstorm

Last night was a rush. One second I’m at a party and the next second I learn the devil is free from hell. After the whole “Broke the sacred seal” conversation we had with Gabriel I went home to Kevin’s house. He had got home later than me that night and locked myself if his room. I heard loud screams, I just figured he was watching a movie. Katheryn was out on business trips like she always was only in town for a few weeks at a time. I slept in the guest room which just had a twin size bed, a TV, a dresser and a bathroom. The first thing I did when I woke up was check my phone. Danny texted me he would be at my house at 6:30 to walk me to school, it was 6 now. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and fixed my hair and got dressed. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs and grabbed an apple of the table near the stair. As I opened the front door the autumn air brought in the smell of coffee and Cigarettes. I dropped my apple at the site of Danny standing there. I guess Grim Reapers were always ahead of time.

“I come in peace” he laughed. He walked off the porch and I followed.

I wasn’t in the mood for small talk. Ever since finding out all that shit I’ve been afraid of what could happen. I’m sure if the devil was free there would be hell on earth by now. And what was I chosen for?

“Danny do the reapers know where Lucifer is?”

He stopped and his grin left his face.

“Dear god what did that angel boy feed you. Lucifer is in hell where he should remain for all eternity. This is supernatural business and you shouldn’t worry about it.”

He walked faster like he was nervous. I was determined to know what I was chosen for and Danny knew but didn’t say anything.

“Daniel, you owe me the truth. You broke my heart and literally took my soul I deserve the truth. I met Gabe last night at the party and he told me Lucifer was free and I’m the chosen one.

He stopped. We were only two blocks away from school and it was gonna start in 30 minutes. He sat on the curb and I sat next to him with my eyes glued to his face preparing for what he was going to tell me.

“I didn’t just move here for family reasons. Your thoughts of suicide is what brought me here. We couldn’t let you kill yourself because its prophecy. In the early days of Man Lucifer was an Angel and wouldn’t bow to man is the original story. Lucifer actually fell in love with a human he couldn’t have and broke his heart. It’s unknown if god gave that human power but the chosen one placed Lucifer deep in hell. You are the reincarnation of the chosen one a direct link to Contessa. Count Contessa loved Lucifer but his jealousy drove him mad and he took it out on all man.”

I asked and I received. I expected him to lie but he told the truth. I didn’t know how to accept it but I wish he lied. I didn’t want this. This life, this love triangle, this curse and this quiz I had in Geometry. I was now a target on the Devils hit list and I was also going to be late for class. But I didn’t want this life. I would rather drown in tears than face my fears

“So what happens now, I’m sure if he wants me I have a bounty on my head”

He looked Uneasy before he gave his answer.

“Well we’re are gonna have to watch you 24/7 and hope you learn how your powers before he come. The legend doesn’t say what power or how. I’m sure more angels and mythical creatures are gonna be drawn to this place like a beacon to protect you which is good.

We got up and started walking towards the school again. I hope he was right or else I was screwed.

                Danny and I had first block together as always which was Chemistry but today was different. Today the teacher introduced a new student. When she walked in and it felt like the whole world felt brighter somehow. I don’t know what caught my attention first, her long black hair that went, her cold grey eyes. Her eyes were thunderstorms. The voice of the teacher snapped me to reality.

“Class welcome your new classmate from Africa, Nervosa”

The whole class spoke to her but I kept staring. She seemed so different and that’s where my slight kicked in. Her hair was now grey, the same color as her eyes and her nails grew longer. The outfit she was wearing changed to a black mesh dress. She was a witch and someone I saw her for who she really was. I looked over to Danny and noticed he had black wings and black tattoos all over his body and his shirt was gone. Was everyone seeing this? I remember why Nervosa looked so familiar to me also, she was at the party with Kevin. When I looked across the room to Kevin he was a wolf. My head started spinning and I passed out. The last thing I remember is her eyes were thunderstorms.