Chapter 1 - Notifications

"Babe you ready for tonight?" I yelled out as my boyfriend Leon walked out of the bathroom, by how long he spent in there I assumed he was getting ready. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him as he was still stood in his pyjamas, me and Leon have been dating for 4 years but for the past year he has been a bit of a dick and been constantly on his phone.
"We're meant to be there in an hour Leon! You aren't even dressed!" I huffed and put my earrings in, his shadow peering over me as he let out a grunt and half-assed got dressed, it was always like this with him, Leon always was half-assed with his actions, nothing ever being worth 100% of his efforts.
As I got ready Leon slumped back on the bed, the phone glued in between his hands as a smile spread across his face, I sighed and finished my hair turning back at him "who you messaging?" I looked over at the smiling male and put my shoes on, his eyes looked up and met with mine as he shrugged not showing much attention to me "Adam, he's talking about this shit Daniel did today at work" he chuckled, Leon worked as a restaurant manager in the centre of town so he was busy a lot and was never really free so tonight was the first time in a couple of months we were able to spend the night together.

"(Y/n) can you get us the table I got a call from work real quick" Leon stood by the door to the restaurant as I was in line, I sighed and nodded holding my bag close to myself and stood in line waiting, I picked up my phone and text my friend Erwin about Leon, I swear I could write an essay about how Leon's been acting and have it turned into a movie script.
Me- Guess what, even on date-night he's always on his damn phone. We haven't even gotten inside the restaurant yet and he's left to go for a call, I love him but he's been nothing but a dickhead.
Erwin- leave. I've told you so many times this year you need to just leave him, work can't be calling him that much there's defiantly something going on.
I sighed and closed my phone as I got me and Leon our table, I sat down and crossed my legs over as I put my bag down by my feet
"Should I get you anything while you wait for your date?" The waitress looked at me, I smiled softly and looked out the window seeing Leon grin while on the phone, my smile fell from my face and I sighed and looked up at the woman "can I have a vodka coke please, like 90% vodka and 10% coke" i forced a little smile as the waitress nodded and left, I leant back in my seat and looked down at my phone re-reading Erwin's message, he did have a point.

Leon finally came in while I was in my second round of vodka-cokes, a disappointed look was spread on his face as he glanced at the empty glasses "you're drinking?" He raised an eyebrow and looked at me with a judgemental stare before sitting down, because of his reaction I chuckled and sat back up
"I had to do something to fill the time, what did work want" I finished my glass and placed it in front of me, His hand reached to the back of his neck as he looked down and quietly spoke
"They want me to come in. Greta's fallen ill and they need someone to cover her shift and nobody can do I got to come in"
I bit onto my tongue as I felt my breath hitch, of course. Of fucking course.
"I'm sorry babe" Leon stood up before walking out to the car, not even doing the courteous thing of paying for my fucking drinks.
I sighed and picked up my bag and took out my wallet paying for the drinks and realising Leon left his coat on the chair, I leant forward and took out £100 out of his wallet and tipped the waitress. Shoving his wallet back into his pocket, I stood up and saw the waitress walk towards the table "I know it's not my place to say but I'm sorry he's a pain, my ex boyfriend was like that" The waitress sighed as she picked up the folder seeing the tip, her eyes widened as she looked at me, I shrugged and smiled at her "Yeah hes been like this for a year, don't share that tip with anyone that's yours"
She lightly squeezed my hand as a wide smile spread across her face, her hand quickly rummaged into her apron taking out a sheet of paper with her number on it, she slipped it into my hand as her eyes looked deep into mine
"Thank you so much, call me when you drop that guy and wanna try with a girl" she winked and walked off, my face flushed a bright red as I gulped and folded the sheet of paper in my pocket.
HONK HONK Leon slammed on the car horn motioning me to hurry up, I sighed being snapped back into reality and walked back out to the car, him whistling at me to get to the car, at the end of my rope I grit my teeth and threw my shit in the car "Whistle at me like I'm a dog again and I'll make you crawl like a fucking worm" I growled and slumped into the car, really just wanting to go home and have him fuck off to his own apartment.

"Okay okay sorry I'm sorry" Leon sighed as he started driving, the gas meter dinging as it was getting close to being empty, I couldn't pay much attention to him but more of the fact the waitress gave me her number, is she gay? Bi?
I shook my head away from the thoughts to notice the constant notifications coming from Leon's phone, I glanced down to see there was texts from Adam filling up his screen, I inhaled and looked out the window trying to think nothing of it.
It was weird though, it's always Adam messaging him, especially late at night where Leon would have to leave the room to call Adam cause of 'work'. Leon got to the gas station and sighed undoing his seatbelt taking out his wallet "One second babe" he mumbled before getting out the car and filling the car with gas, I watched his every move while out of the corner of my eye watching his phone, once Leon walked into the shop I quickly unlocked his phone and copied down Adam's number in my phone, y'know just in case.
I put Leon's phone back in the same spot he left it as my mind wandered what it could be, who even is Adam? He's been working there for over a year but I've never even met him, I've met his other co-workers but not Adam.

Leon got back to the car and handed me a chocolate bar, guessing this is an apology for tonight. "I know it sucks that we're always working so we can never spend time together, and I know how much you appreciate our date nights and I'm sorry for ruining tonight for you" he began to ramble, trying to guilt trip me as usual when he acts like a dick. I sighed and grasped onto the chocolate bar as he continued going on about my job, thing is I haven't even told him that I quit it last week.
"But it's not my fault you've also been busy at work all the time, who knew waitresses were even that needed" he chuckled out, I raised my eyebrow at him and leant back looking out the window, should I tell him? Fuck it yeah.
"I quit my job last week. My manager called my skirt slutty so I quit"
If it wasn't for Leon I'd defiantly lose my apartment by now, whenever he's not working Leon stays with me so he puts money towards the bills, I'm quite literally skint at the moment.
"What? What do you mean you quit! Where have you been then?!" He slammed on the breaks and quickly parked, his mood changing from apologetic to enraged. His hand raised towards me as he grabbed my hair pulling me towards him, I grit my teeth and felt my body flinch at the sudden moment "AT THE JOB CENTRE!" I dug my nails into his arm making him  let me go, I took a deep breath and went to lean back in the seat before seeing 'Adam' phone him, something snapped inside of me.
I grabbed my purse and coat getting up and out of the car "I'm walking home. Don't bother coming to mine after work, go to your own house. Or Adams for that matter"
I slammed the car door shut and walked off towards my house, grabbing my phone and staring at Adam's number the entire time I walked home.
Who is this??