Chapter One: Is This... Love?

"This is not... love," said Suzaku to himself, entering a shower cabin.

After a short, rotating motion of his hand, a personal, heavy, rain started to wetten a naked body, trying to explore every inch of it. Feeling cold drops stabbing him like daggers and sliding down lazily like snails, the young Japanese shivered and quickly changed the temperature of water.

Without any clothes he could hide in, locked in the cabin which blocked his way to escape, Suzaku Kururugi was standing alone, exposing his distorted with sins body and cleaning it with pure liquid. He wondered if it could reach his heart and pour peace there, too. Trying to decide, how his own court case should have started, he looked up in the rain, feeling water bumping his face as passersby do so on cities' most crowded streets. His eyes were closed, but lips decided to open without asking their owner for permission; diaphanous drops kept on entering his mouth quickly. The man gulped, making his Adam's apple bolb calmly but strongly. He seemed to really believe that the water could cure his internal wounds... like a child.

His refined figure, emphasizing neck muscles and a visage and showing that mind was far, far away while leaving only the good-looking shell in the mortal realm was truly extraordinarily charming. Rain darkened the mass of hair and caused them to fall on the face, making the whole creature's image purer and breath-taking.

"Lelouch... who are you for me?" Suzaku finally asked himself, accompanied by the already impatient and overly-excited heartbeat.

It wasn't that it was the first time such a question appeared in the young man's head. On the contrary, it was meant to be the last time.

Wandering off the land of thoughts, searching for the answer, he stopped suddenly, reminding one of his still fresh memories. Moved with the image, his intoxicating like jades eyes opened and uncontrollable, delicate blush appeared on his cheeks.

It had happened just a few hours before, actually, and that's why such a petty thing left a visible and painful imprint on him...

During our free time in school, the whole Student Council was resting together, cheerfully chatting and forgetting about all the harmful things outside, as if bright walls and grand, glassy windows could protect them from all the pain.

President was talking loudly with Rivalz about the preparings for the upcoming event, Nina was doing some research on her computer, her eyes and thoughts focused on the screen only (I even wanted to check if she hadn't forgotten about blinking or breathing),Shirley, Kallen and I were playing with Arthur and Lelouch was doing some paperwork with Nunnally asking him for something and making his surely tiring activity less boring.

"Lulu, are you done already~?" Milly asked playfully, directing her gaze from one side of the table to another one, where Lelouch was situated.

He rolled his eyes and stabbed his gaze in a stack of sheets he held. Then, he stood up and started going towards her with an unhappy expression on his face. After the first step, his hand touched Nunnally's head and stroked it gently as if it was an activity as automatical as breathing. I thought it was very pleasurable to watch, how Lelouch, with his seemingly cold personality, cared for his sister like that. Still not daring to avert his gaze from the black letters, he spoke, "I want to remind you, President, that you are the one who should have done it, and it was needed to be done much earlier," then, he additionally scoffed: "Making an errand boy from me like this is truly cruel, even if it comes to you."

President laughed only and waited for the Vice President to come. Lelouch had to walk by our playing herd in order to arrive at his destination. Where we're playing with Arthur, there were lots of toys, either in Arthur's mouth, our hand and... on the floor. My friend surely couldn't spare a look at anything except the stack in his hands, so he didn't notice that there was an obstacle - a cat tree - awaiting him. It was wide and short, but also pretty hard, so it very was easy to trip over it.