| Chapter 1: The Greeting 🧍‍♀️

Y/N's/Your POV:

I was found guilty of shoplifting at a nearby Walmart. I had to stay locked up for atleast a few weeks or so.

A cop put me in a jail cell with this red-headed girl, I didn't remember what her name was that day, but we haven't spoken until a week later. She tapped my shoulder as I was sleeping. "Mmh, what..?" I was being poked with a dagger. "What the fuck?! What're you doing?" She looked up at me.

"Wake up, dumbass. It's 7:30 AM." She threw the dagger she was holding in the air, continuously catching it. "It's too early." I groaned putting the dirty pillow on my head.

"Dude, the guards are gonna beat our asses if we don't go." She tugged me as I fell off the bed. "OW! Dude!-" I got up and glared at her. "Names Casandra." She went torwards the door as it opened. "Lets go, sleeping beauty." Casandra exited the cell as I followed like a lost dog.

We entered the prison cafeteria. It was full of other inmates. "You look stupid standing there, you know."

Casandra grabbed my arm and dragged me to the lunch guy. He was rude however I wasn't surprised. We got our 1 week old expired food and sat down at a table.

"So, what's your name-?" Casandra asked.

She wasn't looking at me nor was she eating her food. She was playing with her small knife. "Y/N, it's Y/N." I looked down at my plate. The bread on there was moldy and rotting. It was unappetizing.

"What're you in for?" She looked at me curiously. I felt guarded for some unknown reason. Probably because she somehow had a dagger. "...shoplifting.." Casandra started laughing hysterically. "Whys that funny?" I frowned.

"What were you stealing? By the way you look it looks like you were trying to steal a dildo." She snorted. "No. It was yogurt. I have a foster child. I had no choice." Casandra rolled her eyes. "So? You should've given up on the little shit. You don't even look 30."

"I'm 20, actually.." I looked down. "Nice, kid. I'm 21." Casandra had carved a hole into the table. "I'm only a year younger." I huffed. "Mm, no, you're still a kid. College, hm?" She drank her milk carton.

"I dropped out, actually." "Wow, that's neat. I spent only two years in college and left. Shit was killing me over there. Especially finals." Casandra got up and threw her food on the ground as she grabbed my hand. "Come on, it's yard time. I'm gonna show you something~" She dragged me outside.

There was about 20 or 30 other inmates outside. Most of them were working out or beating eachother up. I was scared as I held Casandra's hand tighter. "You're scared of them?" She laughed. "They're scared of me. Don't worry. And stop grabbing my hand so tight.."