Interlude

"Nooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That scream, if you want to know, came from my younger brother, Jung Kook.

"Stop it! Noona! Get away!!"

Don't worry. I'm not murdering him.

I continue pinching his fleshy cheek like there is no tomorrow amid the intense protest coming from the 21 years old.

"Aigooo my baby is home finally" I pat his butt before leaning in to kiss his cheek.

"No" His palm landed on my cheek instead, pushing me away like I am an infectious disease carrier.

"Oh... see this kid" I crossed my arms and glare at him who was standing before the door in all black jeans and hoodie set. "All grown up now?" I pouted, half sulking at his indifferent behavior. I went down to the kitchen this morning to get some water before getting shook by the ring of the doorbell. I opened the door to the sight of Jung Kook whom I've meet like what, six months ago? And his impervious attitude is not impressing me at all.

"Can you let me in now?" Jung Kook asked with a forced smile that is almost painful to watch.

"Hey, Ga Eul " a deep voice followed by silhouette of a man sporting blonde hair who loomed from the unseen side of the door suddenly boomed.

Wait. What?
What is this?
Kim Tae Hyung?

But I haven't had my morning shower yet.

"Hi Ga Eul. Can we come in?" Tae Hyung greeted again after a minute of awkward silence while I could also see Jung Kook dying, holding his laughter at the background.

Crap.

"Oh, hi. Tae Hyung." I said, my fingers awkwardly slides through my hair in a pathetic mission to make myself look less like a beggar. "Long time no see. Come in" I let Tae Hyung in with his whole bunch of luggage first before mouthing a big 'fuck you' to Jung Kook who was trailing at the back for not telling me in advance about Tae Hyung's presence.

Why I am in such a panic state you ask?
That was Kim Tae Hyung.
I had this big crush on him since Jung Kook brought him back from Seoul during his trainee days 6 years ago.

He is literally my age but his maturity blew my mind.

His voice? So soothing. I remember the first time I met him. We shook hand and declared to be friends.
But he got busier and busier as their band got bigger and bigger.

Here he is now, almost 3 years since we last met when I visited Jong Kook in Seoul. Looking gorgeous as never before, while me. I'm looking like a dirt coated potato.

*****

"So how long is your break this time?" Mum who rushed back from her 'morning tea' session asked.

"A month" Jung Kook replied, his mouth filled with the pizza I ordered from the nearby family cafe.

"What? So short? " I barged in.

Like hello, it has been years since they had a proper day off.
A month?
That's too short for my big baby brother to rest.
And well, that's also too short for me to look at that person if you know what I mean.

"Our comeback is scheduled on April" Jung Kook replied.

"And we need to practice" Tae Hyung who was eating elegantly all this while adds.

"That means we have less time to go shopping" Mum said before asking our maid to get some caramel pudding for Jung Kook.
"Omma. Let's go now" Jung Kook's eyes sparkles with joy, his face brightens.
"Now?" mum replied, a little shocked at his sudden interest in shopping.
"Yeap yeap. Now. Let's go on a date" Jung Kook yelped like a little kid, but not like he isn't.

" I also .."

" No. You stay home. Just me and omma" Jung Kook raised his eyebrows few times, making me want to shave them all off.

******

"Chu Ga Eul. What are you doing?" The familiar deep voice startled me.

"No, nothing" I stuttered while struggling to shove the nail clipper I was using into my pocket.
He cant know I was clipping my nails while enjoying the scene of the lake at the backyard.

Poor Tae Hyung. Jung Kook brought him here and just dump him without proper care while he is having fun with mum.
That little rascal.

"Want to take a stroll together?"

Took me two minutes to digest his question.
Are you crazy? Strolling? With me?

"Been so long. Don't you miss me" he said while smiling, breaking the silence halfway through the lake trail.
What? No!

"Hey wanna listen to our new song?" Tae Hyung asked, probably bummed by my lack of response.

"Yeah, why not?" I verbally expressed.
More like, no please don't, I'm going to faint, please don't do this to me.

That place is probably Mi Casa
With you I'mma feel rich
That place is no other than Mi Casa
Turn it on, your switch

"How was it?" he asked, pride is exhibited on his glorious face.

I am dead isn't it?

I am dead and I am now in heaven.