No More Dream

I've never felt this tired before.

The thing about being an intern in your dad's very company is that everyone expected you to be magically at least half as good at the job as your dad.

Obviously I am not.

Being an intern (for screaming out loud), I will obviously make mistake, which today I did. And it was a bad one. They tossed me a procurement task that includes stock predicting and my featherhead ordered only half of the needed amount of the golden parquet, which costed the company hundred thousands of Won in shipping fee to reorder the needed item.

That, and the fact that I was called to my dad's office for him to tell me that I need to attend a dinner date with my husband candidate tomorrow.

Never felt this exhausted before.

But at least I'm home now, making my way to the kitchen to grab some nighttime snack to make up for the missed dinner just now.

"Hey GaEul"

Oh what now. I totally forgot that Tae Hyung is still staying in the house and I am looking like a hobo in my shabby oversized shirt, while devouring the ramyeon that I just made for my poor hungry self.

"Had lots of work today? You came back late" Tae Hyung asked while taking a seat in front of me at the kitchen bar.

"W-well, yea, busy day" I almost choke on my ramyeon but I think I successfully covered it up with a lengthy fake laugh.

"Oh. I just remembered" Tae Hyung shoot up from his seat and disappear to I guess his room and came back minutes later with a rose-patterned mini paper bag.

"I have something for you," Tae Hyung said while taking his seat again, "a gift," he said.

"For me?"

"Yeap. Take it" He winked before handing me the paper bag.

"W-what is this?" I blurted out as I saw the content of the opened mini duvet box.

"A bracelet"

Well obviously. Its a bracelet. A super cute one. Small pink stones and all.

"Do you like it?" I hear him ask, moments before the realization struck me. With my breath coming in short, I gulped while I'm starting to feel prickly heat around my ears.

The dinner.

Tomorrow's dinner.

Can't it be with TaeHyung?

**********************************

"But, can't you call this off? Don't you think this is a bit old fashioned?" Jan Di's uttered question this evening lingers on my mind.

I'd occasionally thought about that before but now I just kind of accepted the fate that I am sealed to. I grew up expecting to marry someone my parents chose for me; suitable man from respectable family, marriage that would ensure tranquility to both families.

I can't remember how old I was when I fathom this, only that I did, without it needing to be explained. At least until yesterday, when I received the bracelet from Tae Hyung, the only guy I think I've been having interest on since like, the day I was born. For a split second I began to long for more than a match made by my parents.

"Ga Eul ah." My mum's voice just pulled me back to reality.

Here I am sitting between my parents on a long dining table at one of the most expensive restaurants in Seoul city, anticipating the arrival of the other family.

"This is just a dinner" I whispered under my breath. I never thought that I would feel this uneasy. Stomach churning, throat drying, lips in dire need of moisture.

I swear I can feel my heart beating faster than it should as I witness the other family enters the dining hall. Lead by a man around the age of my dad, short hair with stubble beard, followed by an elegant looking woman with long, dark brown hair.

Behind them walks a young man with jet black hair.

Wait.

I know him.

"Yi Jeong sunbae?"