☽ 1.6

WHAT KIND OF PUNISHMENT
IS THAT?

It was the end of September now, and October greeted the students of West Valley High School with decorations of ghosts, witches and pumpkins with sick, twisted smiles.

Solis had her feet propped up against the back of Moon's chair in art class, making Yasmine wrinkle her nose at the action. Again, like she had been doing everyday for the past few weeks, she strummed out a song on her guitar— exchanging the actual lyrics for ones with Moon's name.

Most of the songs were light hearted, there as no real message to them besides the fact that the freak wanted to annoy the girl. Yasmine had given up on telling her to shut it, seeing as the girl was unlikely to cease any point soon, and Mads always wondered how long Solis could keep this up for.

On the other hand, Moon had learned to love the way Solis sung songs about her. She almost found herself looking forward to it when she got to school each morning. With every song Solis sung, Moon could never hear it the same again— it would always be intertwined with the girl's image.

 With every song Solis sung, Moon could never hear it the same again— it would always be intertwined with the girl's image

"Hey," Mads cut off her singing, holding down the strings of the guitar. "Look at this," she whispered holding her phone in the direction of the girl.

Moon glanced over her shoulder, mentally frowning at how the girl stopped singing. She liked that song, and she was sure that she would listen to it when she got home from school that day.

"Thank god," Yasmine muttered to Moon, under her breath. "I can't stand it," she grumbled, texting furiously on her phone.

She didn't respond though, just pulled out her own phone as everyone in the class seemed to be doing today.

Solis looked at Mads phone, it was an e-invitation to a college Halloween party. "We gotta crash it," she whispered to the girl. "My brother goes there and he has this friend," Mads mused suggestively, raising her eyebrows seductively.

The girl laughed, rolling her eyes. "Yeah whatever," she agreed, rolling the guitar pick between her two calloused fingers.

Mads seemed content with her answer, sitting back properly in her seat. "Continue," she motioned to her friend who was interrupted by her in the first place.

Looking at Yasmine's relieved face made Solis smirk, thinking she was done for the day. "Don't worry, Princess," Solis called to the girl in front of her. "I'm not done yet," she chuckled, playing a few more cords.

Yasmine groaned at this, throwing her head back in a childish nature, but Moon, on the other hand, blushed a deep crimson color. She called her Princess.