Cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ 17

𝕴 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖕 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖆 𝖗𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖎𝖔𝖓; 𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖆 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖒𝖞 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖞𝖔𝖚.

CAUTION: MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH AND GORE IS IN CHAPTER
VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

Schlatt knew his alcohol intake and how far he could take it without turning into a complete asshole, he just personally didn't care. Any kind of stressful situation? Some bourbon would do the trick. Losing his soon-to-be bride was stressful for him, so of course he was going to indulge in some alcohol.

He was currently sitting on his throne with a bottle of whiskey in hand looking down at his closest confidant Alex. Alex was his closest and only real friend that Schlatt had managed to keep through all his years of ruling the throne. Alex was a well-skilled knight who would do anything for the man sitting in front of him. When he was first assigned to be his first in command he made a pledge to the king and any future king to L'manberg.

Alex has seen things he never expected to see in his time serving the king. The horrors, the blood, the lives lost; all of it. All of the wars between the two kings of the main kingdoms over the years had made him stronger. That's what he told himself. That the thousands of people Alex killed over the years was for a greater cause.

But just what was that cause?

"Alex, I have something I need to discuss with you," Alex nodded, awaiting his response.

Don't get it wrong, Alex was no saint. Far from it. Under a ruthless king such as Schlatt has made Alex...tougher. He knew how to kill and torture men in all sorts of gruesome ways. In a way, he liked it. In fact, it bummed him out that the two kingdoms were at some sort of stalemate. The king of Somniculosus had offered a peace treaty to L'manberg, so the two were at the moment discussing the arrangements.

Thus why the ball had happened.

Alex watched Schlatt take another swig of his bourbon before talking. "To put it bluntly, I'm releasing you. I no longer need you by my side," Alex widened his eyes and felt his heart drop.

"Pardon?"

"You heard me," Schlatt laughed. "I've got a bride by my side, someone to be with me until the day I die. I don't need you around. I can have any by my side and it won't be you."

Alex wanted to laugh at the absurd things coming from his king's mouth. He wanted to cry, to do or say something. All he could do was stare at Schlatt in shock. Alex felt like his whole world was crumbling before him. His whole life was now gone, he was to never step foot in the castle ever again. The man he had devoted himself to was now throwing him away like he was nothing.

"How could you do this to me?! I've given every blood sweat and tear to you and you're just throwing me away?" Alex yelled.

"Yes." Alex honestly thought about killing the king then and there from the pure rage he felt in his bones. "I've even got my men burning down and destroying your little casino; the extra money was nice, but it's a liability to me now. It's a little too shady, and personally, I don't want to be associated with that kind of stuff anymore."

That made Alex snap. His whole career and anything he could've had left was gone. In the blink of an eye, this man destroyed everything he's ever built up to. His mind went black and his wings fluffed out; he was fucking pissed.