Chapter 2 - Another Friend?

Chapter 2 – Another Friend?

Cute guy from new school + me and my weird mood changing eyes = oh no!

“Umm thanks, Noah right?” I asked hoping he would not notice my eyes

He smiled and nodded looking into my eyes; forget about embarrassment, I was freaking out. Meaning my eyes were now silver. Great, way to go Jacey.

His eyes widened and he blinked a couple of times, until he asked “I know it’s not exactly the most polite thing to ask but did your eyes just change-”

“Colour? Yeah they do that sometimes” I replied sheepishly

At this point Sammy jumped in “Aren’t they beautiful?! I wish I had eyes like that”

Noah laughed lightly and then said “Yeah they are beautiful” after he said his last word his eyes widened again realising his choice of words. I saw a hint of pink rise to his cheeks.

Here we go again, purple eyes. But then I realised I had nothing to be embarrassed about, so I smiled feeling my eyes turn back to green.

I looked to Sammy for help and she nodded “Her eye colour changes with her mood changes” Sammy explained, I sent her a grateful smile

Noah smiled again and then nodded “I’m guessing green eyes are happy?” he asked noting my smile

I laughed lightly and nodded “Yep, green for happy, blue for sad, brown for nervous, gold for angry, purple for embarrassment and silver for scared or worried”

“Wow that’s a mouthful” He joked

The three of us laughed until the bell rang and we started packing up, I turned to Noah who was still standing there. “Hey it was nice to meet you Noah and thanks for not freaking out about my eyes, at my old school I people didn’t exactly accept my… uniqueness”

He just smiled, which was comforting. “No problem, I try to freak out as less as possible. I don’t want people to hear my girlie scream. That would just be embarrassing” this sent Sammy and I into a fit of laughter and Noah left with a wave. In between laughs we managed to wave back and walk to our next class.

“Looks like someone has taken a liking to you” Sammy suddenly said wiggling her eyebrows

I laughed “What? Who? Noah? I think he was just being friendly considering it’s my first day and all…” I said trailing off, starting to wonder if she was right.

“Whatever floats ya boat buddy” Sammy replied

I looked at her and we burst out laughing again. Even though I had only met Sammy today, it felt like I’d know her for ages and we got along so well. The rest of the day just blurred together of Sammy and I talking and discussing school stuff. Finally the bell rung to go home and Sammy jumped up and did a little happy dance.

“Jacey! Come dance with me!” She said in an animated voice holding out her hand

“Me?! Why I thought you would never ask!” I replied faking shock for her question, we both laughed and I stood following her dance moves. This earned us a couple of odd looks but most people just smiled as they walked past us.

“Yay! It’s home time!” Cried Sammy in delight

My phone started buzzing in my pocket and I looked to see who was calling.

“Hey mum!” I chirped into the phone still laughing because Sammy was still doing her funky dance in the hallway

“Hey Jace, you sound happy. I can’t wait to hear about your first day but I won’t be able to pick you up. Can you catch a bus or walk home? Do you remember the way?” Mum asked apologetically