This is Forever- Hinny

"We can't do this any more Ginny. I am so sorry. I love you." His last words before leaving haunted me. I remembered the occurrence like it was yesterday, and I feared for Harry's safety.

FLASHBACK

"NO!" I screamed involuntarily as I see Harry, Ron and Hermione twist on the spot. Then the hooded figures popped up on all sides.

"Sonorus" I heard the man closest to me mutter. "Line up against that wall there for questioning!" A rough, magically enhanced voice proclaimed. The question was always the same. 'Do you know the current whereabouts of Harry Potter?'

I was on the end of the row. When they reached me, a woman with a gaunt face and a mass of curls threw back her hood. She was too familiar. Something stirred inside of me at the sight of her. Something rebellious. I was ready to face a Cruciatus or two for what I was about to say. Bellatrix interrupted my thoughts.

"Missed me?" She crooned with a sadistic smile. "The Department of Mysteries is wonderful for a quick chat and torture, but I think we could really go far. Baby must be angry!" She said, still smirking unpleasantly.

"Hello Trixie!" I called, waving. The thing inside me chuckled. "Oh yeah, and fuck you, you huge, mad bitch!" I added as an afterthought. She screeched, outraged that such vulgarities were used against a pureblood.

"Crucio!" She exclaimed. A pain worse than pain, worse than fire, worse than anything I had ever experienced, coursed in a wave down my spine. The creature in me refused to let me scream. 'I will be strong for Harry.' This thought refused to leave my head. I kept my mouth clamped firmly shut. Bellatrix let up and I lay on the ground for a minute, panting. Then I clumsily stood and did something very reckless. Standing tall, I punched Bellatrix hard in the nose. I heard a snap. I had broken her nose. The Death Eaters were too stunned to react. I stalk off, towards the burrow, to go to my room. As the rage, pain, and the 'thing' ebbed away, I collapsed on my bed and cried.

END FLASHBACK

That was what I was doing at the current time. Crying. I didn't even hear the faint pop in my room. As I heard a floorboard creak, my vision snapped upwards. I whipped out my wand at the sight. Harry put his hands up. I looked questioningly at him.

"June 16th, the first time we kissed after the Quidditch match. I apologised profusely for showing no self control and you slapped me around the head to shut up and kissed me again." I dropped my defences and threw myself at him. He hesitantly hugged me back. He rocked me back and forth and whispered in my ear. "Ginny. I couldn't stay away. I- I still love you Ginny. Ron and 'Mione think I'm out getting water. I hate this, the fact that I had to break up with you for your own safety. Ginevra Molly Weasley..." He paused to let go of me, rummage in his pocket and pull out a small velvet box. He got down on one knee and my eyes widened. "I love you more than my own life. Will you marry me?" I pulled him up and into a long kiss.

"Of course." I whispered. "Noble git." I added for good measure. He gave a last chuckle and made to apparate. Before he did, I grabbed hold of his arm. "Wait." I said. He looked at me questioningly. "If you die on this mission, I will kill you." I said, desperate to bring some humour to the situation. He laughed, and after one last, good snog, twisted on the spot.