s e v e n t e e n

Jisung had taken a slice of the dish Taehee gave

Jisung had taken a slice of the dish Taehee gave. He served another onto a plate, placing it onto a tray along with a glass of water. He took it with him upstairs to the room he's always been comfortable in.

He gently knocked on the door, earning a hum as a reply, indicating him to come in. His mom laid on her bed as always, eyes peering over her beloved son. Her face grew upon seeing a plate of food he carried, not knowing what it was just yet.

"Guess what I have," Jisung said with a subtle bliss in his tone- dragging his sentence by the end. Mira shot him a look- raising her brows, yet her smile didn't go away. "What?" she asked impatiently, Jisung giggled at her excitement.

"Lasagna! Your favorite, hm?" he exclaimed, playfully lifting his brows as the woman nodded in excitement. She carefully sat up, Jisung placed the tray onto the nightstand beside the bed and helped her to sit.

Jisung had constantly found it amusing to see her put on a smile towards everything, although she's been through several conditions, to say the least. She never showed her pain, other than beams of joy and delight. Even the slightest things would make her gleam with happiness.

Mira has only been the one he looked up to. Never had she ever hurt him in any kind of way. She's the only one he's fond to be with. He gleamed, he became a different person. His demeanor changed significantly around her.

Mira's face brightened at the sight of her favorite food then devoured it as soon as Jisung placed it on her hands. "Why do you like it so much?" the boy asked in curiosity, letting out a low chuckle.

Mira turned her attention to him. She softened her gaze, remembering the reason why we started liking it so much. "She used to bring me these a lot," she softly said, eyeing the plate of food with pure fondness.

She?

Jisung looked at her perplexed. He clearly doesn't know what she was talking about, so then she explained. "I had a friend. A very close one to be exact."

"Had?" he asked. Mira nodded, her expression then reflected despair. "We separated ways. She had her own things to clear off," she continued. Jisung stayed silent, acknowledging the sensitive topic.

"It's weird how it even tastes exactly the same," she exclaimed, nostalgia hitting her as she recalled the taste. "It may be a coincidence," Jisung smiled reassuringly, playing along eventhough his curiosity grew.

This person supposedly called "her" or "she", a person he assumed to be a woman by now- is just another mystery he needed to crack.

Yet the both of them shrugged it off as it was no big deal. Mira and Jisung chatted for the whole night, topics came out of nowhere as they continuously talk over them. However, it all ended when the boy mindlessly dozed on her lap.

Mira stopped her chatter when she felt her body slightly shift to the front due to something heavy. She looked down at her lap, to see Jisung already fast asleep. The middle-aged woman grinned, "He must be drained."

She allowed him to rest, his head still laid on her. Mira then adjusted her pillow, drifting off to sleep not long after.

aight this chapter might sound unimportant but

WELL its a part of the plan ig