t w e n t y f i v e

Donghyuck spun towards the puzzled voice

Donghyuck spun towards the puzzled voice. Saeron looked at him with pure astonishment, to which he nodded. A face of confusion stoned on the boy's face and was about to call his father before the girl interjected.

"U-uh, we need to go. Bye!" she stumbled upon her words and hurriedly pulled Jisung by the arm. Donghyuck couldn't say further as he saw her already out the exit. "What's wrong with her?" he questioned- cocking his head to the right.

A voice brought him out of his thoughts- making him jolt. "Hey son," his father patted his back with a genuine smile on his face. "Hey! What brings you here?" he inquired, putting on the same smile. "Oh you know, usual evening coffee," the tall man laughed to which Donghyuck did in return.

"Of course, it won't be Kang Sungjoon without his usual coffee, am I right?" the boy joked and they laughed once again. "Got that right, son!"

↣ᰔ↢

She stood infront of her house- still with pure terror written all over her face. "Are you sure you're okay?" Jisung looked at her face with concern, causing the girl to do the same. Saeron hesitantly nodded with a half smile. "I'm fine," she softly ensured and Jisung sighed.

"You can uh- tell me ya know- I'm not forcing you but you know- yeah." he stopped himself from stuttering and Saeron giggled at his cuteness. "You're cute," she simply said and Jisung swore he felt his heart skip a beat.

He fluttered his eyes to look at her brown ones, "Sorry?" Saeron saw him blushing then playfully gasped. "Awww, Park Jisung's flustered!" she exclaimed, making him groan at how weak-hearted he felt right now.

"Stop," he whined and Saeron giggled. "Okay okay. Come in, I'll tell you all about it," and with that, Saeron skipped towards the front door, followed by Jisung then walked to her room.

↣ᰔ↢

"That's fucked up"

Saeron laid comfortably under the covers of her bed, while the other sat on the edge. After what she told him her past, Jisung unexpectedly felt his fury grow the whole time. To say he was shocked might be an understatement, he was speechless.

Never did he think of a smiley and bright girl with a traumatic past- thinking it was only him. What's weirder is that he's heard of a similar story before. Really familiar. Yet he shrugged it off and only took it as coincidence.

It is, right?

As told, life isn't as fair as what others think, and he acknowedged that. Don't judge a book by it's cover, they said.

How her eyes radiated the mixed emotions she'd contain within these years as she told him about it, they were no joke. The sadness, the disappointmet, the terror- it was crystal clear.

Yes, she moved on- but sparking a topic about it brought her mind way back to where it happened. Jisung could see her eyes prick up with small tears as she talked.

He listened to her attentively, but one thing he couldn't brush off his mind was that scar on her wrist. The boy couldn't help but stare at it the whole time she talked. Though it was covered by her hoodie, the sleeves were too big so it slid down her arm often.

Saeron noticed that his attention wasn't fully on her, following his gaze that were partly fixated on her scar.She stopped talking, sighing then unrolled her hoodie, revealing the unhealed wound. Jisung was taken aback by the sudden action but he tried to remain calm.

"This. He gave me this," she confronted and the boy could only listen. "He was doing all the bad and I tried to stop it, but I got this instead," she continued. "It almost sliced open my artery, I almost died," the girl trailed off, chuckling at her stupidity. "But it was for my mom, so I'm totally fine with it."Jisung couldn't say much, so he stayed quiet- feeling the atmosphere change into a thicker one.

None of them liked it. They've dwelled in their past way past enough, there's no time and use to live in it.

"You really didn't have to tell me this," he apologized with guilt. Saeron wiped her eyes with the sleeves of her newly-changed hoodie, chuckling lowly. "It's alright, don't pity me," a half smile formed on her lips but replaced it with a wider one- wanting to break the awkwardness that'd formed.

"Anyway! Where's my coffee?" Saeron beamed. Her coffee's everything she needed right now, her throat's drying out from all the torture. On the other hand, the boy's mind clicked. He flung his hands behind his head as he groaned in frusturation.

"We left it, didn't we?"

a very short chapter but heyy