Tics (Reddie)

Richie talked too much.

He knew he talked too much.

But he just couldn't help it.

No matter how hard he tried to shut the hell up, he just...had to spit out the words.

His mom took him to the doctor and they asked about him and his sudden...you could say...compulsions.

His doctor said they were something called verbal tics.

"He has non-verbal tics also, Mrs. Tozier. Like, adjusting his glasses is a simple one, but also making a small popping sound with his thumbs." Dr. Renee said simply.

At that moment Richie had the sudden urge to pop his fingers. All because the stupid doctor had mentioned it one freaking time.

It was like an itch that needed to be scratched. Sometimes the "itch" would go away on its own if Richie left it be, but sometimes it was just too urgent and Richie's body forced him to do it.

It led him to say vulgar things to adults and strangers, and sometimes he said annoying things to his friends.

He hated whatever these stupid 'tics' were.

And there was only one thing that made them go away for a while.

...

His parents left the house and immediately Richie called out to the empty house: "When the cats are away...THE MICE WILL PLAY!"

He ran to his room, flung open his closet door, grabbed a pacifier, and jammed it into his mouth before shooting his one, and his only, Eddie Kaspbrak a message.

RichardoTrashwardo:

Parents = Out of the house for a business trip.

Richie = A FREE SPIRIT

Eddie_Bear:

And...? Your point is?

RichardoTrashwardo:

:(

Dada...?

Eddie_Bear:

...

RichardoTrashwardo:

Dada...?

Eddie_Bear:

Yes 'Chi?

RichardoTrashwardo:

Make my tics go away dada...

Eddie_Bear:

I'll be over in a bit.

Just sit tight and don't hurt yourself.

RichardoTrashwardo:

:O

I loves you :)

Richie smiled broadly and pulled a colouring book out of a drawer in his closet and some crayons. He thought for a second before pulling out some footie pajamas and throwing them on his bed.

He didn't want to put them on yet though.

He was waiting for Eddie.

Richie always felt happy when Eddie was around. Sure, sometimes Eddie would yell at him for being too obnoxious when he was trying to sleep at the clubhouse, or some days he would get impatient with Richie's inability to communicate properly when he was in littlespace, but most of the time Eddie took good care of Richie.

After a few more minutes of patiently waiting, Richie heard a knock at the door. Carefully, he tottered down the stairs and put his hand on the doorknob. Before opening it he knocked back: One, two two, one, two.

He waited and heard Eddie's response: One, one, two two.

Richie threw the door open and hugged the smaller boy.

"EDDIE!" Richie cheered. His pacifier fell to the floor with a small 'clink' but Rich didn't care. Eddie was here.

All because Richie wanted to be small and he wanted someone to be there for him.

Eddie picked up the paci and closed the door behind him. "Hey 'Chi! What do you wanna do today?"

Richie jumped onto the couch and put on his best British accent. "Fix me up Dr. K! I need jammies, and nappies, and a bottle of some bloody good angel milk!" He exclaimed, jumping up and down on the couch like a wild animal. Eddie smiled to himself wondering how in the world he scored a boy like this one.

"Then bring me to your stash of jammies, nappies, and bottles, will you? Otherwise, I can't fix you up." Eddie began to walk towards the stairs and Richie rushed right past him, skipping steps as he went.

"Careful, Rich! You're gonna fall, I swear." Eddie warned, biting his lip.

Richie jumped into bed and held up soft pastel footie pajamas and a dinosaur diaper.

Eddie giggled a little bit and Richie frowned.

"What're you laughin' at dada?" Richie looked a bit frightened and began to fall out of littlespace. He felt the urge to pop his thumbs and crack his neck.

Tics.

Eddie noticed Richie's expression and smiled sweetly.

"I'm not laughing at your space baby. I'm laughing at how adorable you can be. Don't worry, bubba." Eddie ruffled Richie's messy black hair as Richie's eyes brightened again.

"Ey mate!" Richie put on his accent again. "After this, let's play pirates!"

Eddie nodded.

"Of course 'Chi. I'd never miss a game of pirate with you."