Prologue

A/N: Finally! The first chapter is out :D. I would love to see your feedback in the comments and if you like the chapter please consider the clicking the star at the bottom of your screen. It would be really nice if you share this story with your friends. I can't say when the next update will be but it definitely will be soon. Once again, this book is COMPLETELY fictional and everything about it could not be less unreal!!!!!!

This hasn't been professionally edited so please point out any errors.

Happy reading my lovelies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****************

Aretha's POV

I huddled in a corner of the room as I cried a river of tears. This liquid represented something which I tried not to show- fear. Fear was an emotion that the wicked world will take advantage of, use it as a weapon against you until you have no option but to break down mentally.

I learnt this when I was admitted into this so-called orphanage four years ago. I was fourteen when my parents who were politicians were assassinated. Not that it made a difference. My parents hardly had time for me and when they did, they spent it fighting with each other. I suspect that other than the alcohol, something else was making them high. I probably knew more about my nanny than my own parents.

The four years I stayed here, I persevered, went through all the curses, the beatings and every petty thing Miss William had thrown at me. I had learnt to be strong and to hide all fear in my heart and it was suffocating me like a tight chain.

I have had enough. My lawyer is going to give me access to my inheritance from my grandma and parents any moment from now. All I needed was a text message from him and I would escape and start a new life. The money was said to be 1,000,000,000 choinks so I could start a business or something to earn a living. It couldn't be that hard.

After what seemed like eternity, Mr. Robertson sent me a message and asked me to come in the morning the next day to sign the papers and get the necessary information. I began to pack my few belongings into my backpack. I didn't have a lot of clothes because three-quarters of the donated money went to Miss William's nail polish and bleaching creams so space was not an issue. I packed my phone, the only nice thing I had into my bag and set it under my bed so it would be in close reach when it was time to run.

Crying had taken the toll and me and for the first time in years I slept actually looking forward to what the next day beheld. 

******************************

I woke up to darkness as normal. I had programmed my brain to wake up before Miss William to avoid serious consequences. Somehow, the darkness had become my fortress since we both had things in common- we were both lonely. This darkness had eaten me from my insides till my heart only pumped blood but never told me what to do. I had only one voice in my head which was my brain.

Tip-toeing to the bathroom at the end of the corridor, I freshened up and jumped out of the window in my room, dragging my bag along. As soon as I reached the street I could have sworn that I beat Usain Bolt's record. The lawyer's house was just four blocks away. I could wait at the bus stop until daybreak.

***********************************

"You have one more stage before you complete this job" my boss said. The evil bastard was no doubt planning something worse than ever before. " Go to Heminburgh and kill every single person on this list. Failure to complete this task will lead to the death of your wife and daughter", he smirks. Oh for fucks sake! I still felt like a monster for the last four jobs. It was literally consuming my soul. If only I could reverse my actions. 

"Consider it done", I reply.

"I expect these people's death to be on the headlines of every news paper in two weeks". The sick bastard. Then again, I was as much of a cold hearted bastard as he was considering the situation.

"I've never failed you and I never will". That was true at least. My boss isn't someone that I'd mess with.

I don't know how I'm going to complete this task, but all I know is that it's going to be one hell of a trip.

****************************************

Miss William's POV

That nuisance had vanished again. I really don't know what to do with her. Always inviting trouble into my life. What if she got lost? I would surely get into some sort of trouble. At least the fact that she had left made me more than happy. I could donate some more time to my life outside this orphanage.

Alice came as a surprise to me as well as the other kids. She was born with a silver spoon in her ugly mouth and had every little thing served to her on a golden platter. I for one hated that she had a guaranteed future when most of us had to work hard to even get one meal. So I made her see just how hard the world could be in my own way. Not giving her dinner when she acted like an entitled brat was one of my methods.

Over the years, that girl began to cry less and I began to feel completely and utterly frustrated. The pain was not enough to give me that sadistic happiness which I yearned for.

That girl better be back before the police get involved.

******************

Aretha's POV

I got to the bus stop in no time. The violent wind blew my long, dirty blonde hair into my eyes. I could hardly see anything. It was so freaking cold. Just as I was searching for a jumper, the contents of my bag poured unto the ground. How convenient!

"Need a little help" a voice made me jump. I turned around to look at the boy, biggest mistake ever. My mouth fell to the floor as my eyes observed every little detail of his body. From his turquoise stunning eyes to his black messy hair that looked like a hot, sexy mess to his muscular arms to his plump lips that  I couldn't help but imagine how they would fell on mine- or maybe on some other places. I don't know whether I'm just some weird hormonal teenager or he's just too damn hot. 

"Sorry for startling you"

"It's fine"

"So should I help you"

"Yes please"

We began to pick up my clothes from the concrete ground. My cheeks go a bright shade of red when he picks up a few bras and panties. If his cologne wasn't clouding my thoughts, I probably would go even brighter.

"Thank you", I try to sound as cool as possible.

"You're very welcome", he smiles. Damn, I would kill to have to have such perfect teeth.

As he walks to the bench, I can't help but mentally slap myself for being so dumb. Hopefully, in whatever state or maybe country that fate brings me too, they have a weird potion to cure stupidity.