Chapter 4

A/N: Sorry for not updating for so long...I've been preparing for exams. Now I'm back and I'll try to update weekly. Quick question, do you prefer me writing in Klaus's or Aretha's POV? 

Happy reading! If you like this chapter, please remember to vote. And I would love to see your feedback in the comments! Have a lovely week

Klaus's POV

Oliver is so annoying. If only he let me be, I'd have made that girl regret being born. I overheard her saying that her name was Aretha. That name doesn't fit her in the slightest bit. It sounds angelic, so pure, so innocent almost heavenly. Yet even though I hate her with all my might, there's something about her that I need to know more about.

There wasn't really much to do today, Oliver and I had finished all that we had come to do. After the incident Hontera didn't feel like home again. Hell, after the incident, my family never remained the same. Unspoken words of anger hung in the air but everyone still acted different. If I hadn't been so close to Oliver, I wouldn't have noticed the slight fault in his once perfect smile. My dad buried himself in work 24/7, changing from that loving father he once was. My sister continued to paint her emotions, even though all her new paintings always had the slightest bit of sadness added to them.

I had come to Heminburgh looking for a home where everyone I met didn't have a tainted opinion of me, where people learnt to look at what was on the inside, not my angry expressions. Yet, even though I had visited 6 cities, none had felt anything like what I would describe home as. The part of me that felt missing seemed to never want to come back.

To distract me from my never ending stream of thoughts, I put on the TV. All the news channels were talking about the murder, all the movie channels were showing some shitty superhero movies and all the other channels just seemed to boring. 

Just as I was about to switch off the tv, my tummy started to growl. I guess that gives me something to do. I grab my wallet and walk to the small restaurant on the first floor.

**************************

The restaurant made me feel so out of place. I looked like a peasant in it. Waiters and waitresses in tuxedo's roamed around, looking perfect as ever. If I hadn't witnessed the wickedness of the world first hand, I would believe they were angels with the way the walked with an elegance that can't be described. They were definitely busy today, judging by the full tables.

Just as a waitress was approaching me, I noticed Aretha shyly walking beside her. Despite her devilish nature, she was hot as fuck. Her white sundress settled around her knees, her neckline was so low that I could see just enough of her double D tits to make me thirsty for more. If I hadn't interacted with her I would definitely fuck her

" Hello sir, all our tables are full so can this lady sit with you?", the waitress asks. I almost blurt out no but then I remember our unfinished conversation. "Yes", I reply as kindly as I can. Aretha looked shocked, to be honest I too was shocked by my pettiness. The waitress handed me a menu before leaving.

"So we meet again", I smirk at Aretha while she takes her seat

" Why do you smirk so much?. It annoys the hell out of me"

"I've never cared much for other people's opinions"

"So you're not just a prick, you're a selfish bastard too. How lovely!"

"If you didn't judge me so much then you'd notice that we're all selfish bastards. In the end, everything we do as humans always benefits us in one way or another"

"There are selfless people in this world, you just surround yourself with people like you"

"Bullshit". I knew from experience that nearly everything we do is for the benefit of us and even though it may be inclusive of those around us, it always centers around us.

Our argument was cut short when the waitress came back to take our orders. I ordered a seafood platter while she ordered something about chicken.

"Why are you in Heminburgh anyway?", I ask Aretha

"And it concerns you in what way?", she snaps

" Chill", I mumble, surprised by her sudden outburst.

The waitress brings the food to our table in about 15 minutes. We had just been sitting in an uncomfortable silence. The silence was interrupted when Aretha grumbled "Can you eat more quietly? You're making too much noise". I begin to chew louder to annoy her. I receive a glare that says "I'll fuck you up". I chuckle and start chewing like a decent human being. 

We had paid the bills and were about to leave when Aretha said, "I came to Heminburgh to search for a home. My parents died a few years back and I had to escape from that hell-hole called an orphanage". A soon as she said the last word, she was off, leaving me to process what she had just told me.