chapter eighteen

o18

o18. REAL LIFE
'if you'd let me'

ISABELLE WOKE UP to rays of sun shining on her face through small gaps in the curtains that covered the windows

ISABELLE WOKE UP to rays of sun shining on her face through small gaps in the curtains that covered the windows. a soft groan slipped from her lips, and she attempted to roll over to hide from the light, but her movement was restricted by the strong arm wrapped around her waist. suddenly, the memories of last night began to flood to the surface of her brain, most of them consisting of a lot of moaning.

a faint blush crept onto her cheeks at her thoughts: she was really in dylan's bed, naked. it was really something.

her attempts to move had apparently disturbed him, since he shifted a little bit, so that he was fully spooning her. she felt his hot breath against her neck, his face buried there, as well as the warmth of his body. she hadn't felt this safe, this comfortable, this calm, in the longest time. especially with a significant other.

apart from the fact he wasn't her significant other at all. yet.

"good morning," dylan's tired, husky voice made isabelle jump slightly in his arms, causing her to be pulled out of her thoughts. he chuckled lightly at that, his breath tickling the skin of her neck.

"morning," isabelle replied, opening her eyes to let her gaze meet the wall she was facing. out of the corner of her eye, she could see her bra laying on the floor. yet another reminder of what had happened between them that night.

"so... last night actually happened..." dylan spoke, as if he'd been reading her thoughts. it was weird for a moment but she lightly shook her head to get the thought away.

"yeah... it did," she responded, feeling his arms loosen around her waist, so she took the opportunity to roll over so that she was facing him instead. his eyes were sleepy and his lips formed a lopsided, tired smile but it was definitely adorable.

"it was pretty good," he added, slightly awkwardly and isabelle laughed a bit.

"just pretty good?" she questioned, playfully raising her eyebrows at him. he chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, reaching out to find her hand, intertwining their fingers together.