chapter thirty

o30

o30. REAL LIFE
'what would you do if i told you i love you?'

 REAL LIFE'what would you do if i told you i love you?'

ISABELLE WAS INCREDIBLY NERVOUS, for many reasons. after spending hours on end in the studio over the past few weeks, her first song and planned debut single was fully done. well, almost fully. it still needed a few touch-ups to finalise it, but it was basically there.

she was excited to be one step closer to having her music out in the world, as well as being excited that now it was almost ready, she could officially start to let people hear her song. of course, she had discussed it with her label and knew the people she could share it with as limited. but what she did know was the first person she wanted to hear it was dylan.

he was coming to the studio straight from work, and isabelle was anxiously checking her phone every few minutes while she waited for texting confirmation that he had arrived. she was definitely overthinking it, but overthinking was her middle name after all.

not only would dylan be the first person to hear the finished song as a whole, but he was the person the lyrics were about. and she was planning to use it to finally tell him that she loved him. she had been sure about it for a while now, even though she hadn't been in truly serious relationships before (her longest had lasted about a year and a half, and ended with her being cheated on), dylan was different. he was something more: he made her feel loved, appreciated, cared for. . . he was her biggest supporter. from the night they met in the club by complete chance, he had changed her life forever. he was eager to help her grow and become the person she wanted to be, he was there for her but also gave her space when she needed it.

the truth was, isabelle would never understand what he saw in her, but there was love in his eyes everytime he was around her. she might have been scared, but she felt it in her soul that she loved him. it was after their rendezvous in the shower about a week ago that made her decide that today would be the day. when he absentmindedly told her he loved her and then they didn't talk about it afterwards, just continued with their shower. it confirmed that it had been a spur of the moment thing, she didn't even know if dylan remembered saying it. but at least she had at least a bit of comfort because of that: it was very likely that he loved her too.