Chapter 1

Lilith POV

I sighed, tiredly, in my collage class while my teacher taught us about history. Then the bell ranged so I got up and left. I sighed, going to my locker, putting my books inside. Once I closed it Lizzie, my best friend, stood next to me, smiling. "Ready for summer and getting a tan". she said, excitedly. I sighed. "can't. I gotta work to pay for my textbooks". I said, sadly. she sighed. "Man Lilith. all you do is work, take care of your grandma, work more. Sometimes I think your a ghost now". She said. I sighed, sadly. "Ya..it feels like that sometimes..but once I'm done with collage I'll finally be available". I said. She smiled. "I know..but you look really tired too. Omg. Had you been getting any rest". She asked. I sighed. "Ya I have. Well hopefully enough". I said. she sighed, smiling. "Whatever you say". She said. I smiled, walking to her car, letting her drop me off to work.

(Time skip)

I sighed, tiredly, working behind the cashier while waiting for the next customer. Then Jack, A student from one of my classes went up to me, smiling. "Hey". He said. I smiled. "Hey". I said, tiredly. "How are you doing in Mr. Williams class". He asked. I sighed, smiling a bit. "Well I'm doing okay. Getting through". I said. He nodded.

Lizzie thinks jack has a crush on me which I find impossible knowing who could possibly like me.

I sighed, checking his prices until my boss went up to me, glaring at me. "Miss Scott..may I speak to you in private". She asked, sternly, to my confusion. "Umm, of course". I said, looking at Jack who looked at me, confused. "Umm. You can ask him to help you". I said, walking with my boss to his office.

(Time skip)

I stared at her, shocked and confused. "Your firing me". I asked, confusingly and shockingly. "I'm sorry Miss Scott but your tardiness and absence is starting to become a problem..I'm gonna have to let you go". She said. I sighed, sadly, staring at the counter.

(Time skip)

I sighed, walking in the apartment while mom and grandma were cooking. "Welcome home. How was school and work". Mom asked. I sighed. "Okay..I got fired". I said, sadly, to their shocked and confusion. "What. Why". Mom asked. I sighed. "They said my lateness was becoming a problem and they couldn't have it". I said. Grandma sighed. "I'm sorry baby". She said. I sighed, rubbing my neck, tiredly. "Well that's good. You can finally get some sleep at least". She said. I sighed. "Ya..". I whispered, tiredly while they put dinner on the table.

(Time skip)

I sighed, looking threw my computer while talking to Lizzie on the phone. "Lizzie. Nothings giving me luck on here". I said. "Trust me. This'll help you get a job". She said. I sighed and kept on looking. Then I found something. I froze, staring at it. "Wait a minute". I said, pressing it and seeing they were looking for a new care taker to take care of a man with broken legs and to my shock they were offering a lot of money..AND IT WAS CLOSE BY. "Wow. This ones amazing". I said. "What did I say. a gold mind. What do you have to do". She asked. I sighed. "All I have to do is take care of a man name..Mr. King. He's 23 years old with broken legs. Their offering 2,000 dollars each month taking care of him. This'll pay off all my textbooks funds and it's close by".  I said. "Wow. That's amazing Lilith". She said. I looked at the requirements and sighed, sadly. "Oh wait..I'll have to lie their for a couple months while his parents are away". I said. "Oh. Well that's weird. Can't you just tell them you live close by". she asked. I sighed. "I don't want anyone dropping me off and picking me up every time. That's just too much to ask. I'll be fine. They seem nice. Plus it might be fun..I'll finally live in a mansion. their pretty rich". I said. She giggled. "Okay Mrs. Bachorlette". She said. I giggled and started applying for the job, making sure I sounded presentable and professional. Once I was done I send in my application, sighing nervously. "Alright. I applied myself". I said, nervously. "Your gonna be fine Lilith". She said. I sighed, putting my laptop to the side. "I hope so. I'll call you tomorrow to see if I make it in or not". I said. She sighed. "Okay. Night". She said. I sighed. "Night..". I said and hung up. I sighed, tiredly, rubbing my face.

(Next day)

I woke up to my phone ringing. I yawned, tiredly, grabbing my phone and answering. "Hello". I asked, curiously.

"Hello. Miss. Scott. This is Mr. Kings mother. I'm calling you to tell you that you got the job". she said. I instantly sat up, shockingly, surprised and excitedly. "Really". I asked, stunned. "Yes. I hope you can come and start tomorrow. Mr. King is absolutely excited to meet you". She said. I smiled, excitedly. "I'm sure I'll be glad to meet him as well". I said, excitedly. "Good. I'll be expecting you tomorrow then. Good day". She said and hanged up. I instantly cheered happily.

I got the job. I have to tell Lizzie..

But that means..I have to live their..