Chapter 2

Lilith POV

I sighed nervously while I was in a fancy limo, driving to the mansion.

I told mom and grandma everything. Though they didn't feel safe with me living in a mansion with a 23 year old man but I didn't think it was bad and plus. I was helping him get better..

Or at least I thought I was.

I sighed, going threw the gate and seeing the mansion, to my shock and excitement. The man smiled at me. "Welcome to Kings manor". He said. I smiled. "It's like something our of a children's book". I said, astonished. I walked out of the limo, going to grab my bags but he did it for me. He smiled. "allow me miss. I'll take it to your room". He said. I smiled. "Oh. Thank you. That's very kind of you". I said. He smiled, grabbing the bags. "Mr. Kings mother is waiting inside for you". he said, walking away with my things. I sighed, nervously, walking to the front door and knocked, nervously. Then a lady opened it, making me smile. She smiled. "Ahh. You must be Misses Scott. Please. Come in". She said. I sighed, nervously,walking in, looking around, surprised how big it was. I could get lost in this place. I looked at the lady and smiled. "My. You look as beautiful from your picture". She said. I grinned. "Oh. Thank you. That's very kind". I said. she grinned. "Such sweet manners. Let me show you around". She said. I sighed, nervously, following her. "I'm so sorry asking you to come on short noticed. But we were desperate finding a new caretaker for our dear son. Mr. King. You see me and my husband are going off in retirement and we were worried leaving Mr. King all alone". She said. I sighed. "Oh. No. Please. I completely understand. Every parent needs a Getaway sometimes". I said. She smiled.

She started showing me around, where everything was and what everything was for. But it started getting weird once she talked about the rules.

"Mr. King doesn't like sunlight in the house. He likes to keep it as dim as possible. He doesn't like visitors either. He's very shy when it comes to it. Only the grocery boy is aloud to come in. Here is a schedule he wants you to follow from. He likes routines you see. He doesn't like anything different or out of the norm". She said. I nodded, holding his schedule and looking threw them.

Did he make these rules all on his own..just for me..

Then she smiled. Then her husband, came, smiling. "I see we're showing the new caretaker around". He said. I smiled. "It's very nice meeting you. I'm Lilith Scott". i said, shaking his hand, grinning. He smiled. "Yes. Mr. King keeps talking about you". He said, to my confusion. "He does..". I asked, confusing. "Yes. He admires your beauty dearly". He said. I smiled, awkwardly.

..my beauty...what does my beauty have to do with anything.

"If you would follow me to the rat traps. We get some rats a lot. I hope you won't mind". he said. I smiled. "Not at all. Me and my father would hunt a lot". I said. "Ah. So this won't be a. Problem for you at all. Come". He said. I followed him while the mother stood their, her face saddening, to my confusion.

What was she sad about.

I was outside with the father, picking out the rats from the traps while I held the garbage bag. He threw them in their, sighing. "So. I seen that you are in collage". He said. I smiled. "Yes. I am". I said. He smiled. "What are you majoring in". he asked. I sighed, nervously. "I'm trying to be a writer right now". I said. "Ah. I see. So your one of those creative minds. Mr. king loves being creative during his free time. Especially in the arts. He played violin in school". He said. "Really". I asked, intriguingly."Yes yes. He was very much indeed into the music and arts". He said. While he was talking about Mr. King..I saw a shadow at the window, staring at me. I froze, staring back at the figure. Then his father went in front of my face, grinning. "So. What do you think". He said, to my confusion. "Think of what". I asked, confusingly. "Listening to him play. I know he'll love you listening to him play". He said. I gasped. "Oh yes. I would love too". I said. "Good. Come. I must introduce you to jack. Our grocery boy". He said. I followed him, looking up at the window, seeing the figure gone, to my nervousness.

..was that him..Mr. King..but I thought his legs were broken.

I went inside with the father. Then to my surprise I saw Jack from my class. He looked at me, stunned. "Lilith". He asked, shockingly. "OMg. Jack. You work here". I asked, shockingly. "Ya. I give groceries here". He said. "Oh good. You two know each other. jack. Can you finish explaining the rules to Miss Scott". he said. "Yes. Of course'. He said. When he left I gasped, grinning. He grinned as well. "Omg. Your the new care taker I been hearing about". He asked. I nodded. "Ya". I said. "What happened to your other job". he asked. I sighed. "I got fired". I said. He sighed. "Oh. I'm sorry". He said. I sighed. "It's alright. At least this job might be better..so have you met Mr king". I asked, curiously. He sighed. "No uhh..he doesn't like people..meeting him...up close". He said, to my confusion. "Up close. What do you mean". I asked, confusingly. He sighed. "I'll explain it later. Have you..met him yet". He asked. I sighed. "No no. Not yet...but I think I just saw him when I was-". "Misses Scott". I heard. I looked to the side and saw the mother. I smiled. She smiled. Their you are. I was looking all over for you. it's time to introduce you to Mr. King". She said, to my nervousness. She smiled. "Follow me". She said. I sighed, smiling a bit at Jack while following her to his room. "You may notice that his room is a little dark. Never open the curtains. He hates the lights. Especially in the mornings even when your giving him his breakfast. No lights at all". She said. I nodded, nervously. Then I saw his father talking to him but..I couldn't see him at all..their was a black curtain covering his bed so I couldn't see his face. Then his father looked at me and smiled. "She's here". He said. I smiled nervously, walking inside. "Mr king". I said. "Misses Lilith Scott...you as beautiful as your picture". He said. i giggled, grinning. "That's very kind of you. Thank you". I said. He chuckled.

I still couldn't see his face. Why was that..

"..I know will be great friends". He said. I smiled. "So do I". I said, looking to the side, seeing a bow and arrow. I sighed, nervously.

(Time skip)

I sighed, in my room, talking to Lizzie on their telephone since their's no wifi. "Omg. How weird. He Doesn't like light. He doesn't like light. He doesn't like visitors. He's never shown his face. Don't you think that's a little odd". She asked. I sighed, nervously. "I mean maybe because it's hot". I said. "It's 60 degrees Lilith-look. I don't..I don't think this isn't such a good idea anymore". She said. I sighed. "I'm gonna be here for long. After I gained all my money for my textbooks and his parents come back I'll be out of their hair". I said. She sighed. "If you say so..but speaking of visitors. I can't believe jack's their". She said. I smiled. "I know". I said. "You don't think it's coincidence..you know..maybe it's destiny". she said. i gasped. "No. No. This is just a job friendship. Nothing more". I said. She giggled. "If you say so". She said, excitedly. I sighed, giggling. "I gotta go. I have to say good bye to the parents". I said. She hummed. "alright. Bye". She said. I sighed. "Bye". I said and hung up. I sighed, staring at the telephone.

(Time skip)

i sighed, watching as they got ready to leave. They walked over to me and smiled. "Alright misses Scott. You have everything set and ready". She asked. I nodded, smiling. She smiled. Then she went up to my ear, nervously, hearing her breath shaking a bit.

"..I'm so sorry".

I froze once she said that. She then smiled, rubbing my shoulder and walked out. "Let's go. We don't want to be late with our flight now do we". His father said. I sighed, watching them leave and drive away. I sighed, nervously, looking back at the house.

..what did she mean by sorry..