Spencer Reid X Reader

Being part of the Behavioural Analysis Unit of the FBI was becoming harder and harder to handle. You had been here for over two months, but you never knew how really hard it was going to be, to look at the bodies, meet the families of the victims,  and deal with psychopaths. You never knew how hard it would be, knowing some people could just be pushed so far they break down, and result to murder...or worse. Dealing with cases about children was the worst. Mainly because your best friend has two beautiful sons, one of whom you are the godmother for. But there are other reasons as well, that should be quite obvious. 

   And sadly it seems you guys have been working a lot of child abduction cases lately. Some ending more horribly than others. 

   "Y/N, you and J.J. will speak to the families this afternoon. Reid, Rossi, you go to the site where the child was found. Lewis and Alvez will go to the family's home and evaluate how the child was abducted, meanwhile Agent Simmons and I will talk to the police force here about possible suspects," states Emily Prentiss, Unit Chief of the BAU...and your older sister. 

   "Got it," comes out of almost every mouth but yours. You simply nod, and start walking towards the room with the latest victim's family. Jennifer, also known as J.J., walks up to you just as you reach the door. She gently takes your hand and turns you to look at her. "Hey, Y/N, are you okay? I've never seen you ignore Emily like that. What's going on?"    

   You look up at her, and smile sadly. "I just hate that all of these children are being hurt. It makes me so sad..." You say.  She brings me in for a hug and holds me tightly. You wrap your arms around her and close your eyes. "And I can't help but think about Michael and Henry, you know?" 

   She pulls away and nods. "I worry about them too. But remember, we gotta be strong for these families. Superwomen." 

   You nod back and straighten your jacket. "Superwomen," You say. Jenny nods again and smiles at you, then kisses your forehead. "My sad little bestie. What am I gonna with you?" She says jokingly. You roll your eyes and scoff. "Yeah, real subtle, J.J. You know Emily got all the height in my family."  

   She just continues smiling at you as you open the door to greet the families, and walk in.  

________________________________________________________________________________

   "We believe the UnSub is a woman in her mid to late 30's, of possible immigrant descent. We believe she may have lost a child and is trying to recreate the events of the day she lost him, but in which she saves the child," Emily says, speakly loudly so everyone in the police station can hear her. 

   "We also feel that when her plan doesn't work, she becomes filled with anger and sadness, and hides somewhere for two weeks, completely forgetting she has the child. The child then dies from dehydration and neglect," say Spencer Reid, boy fucking wonder. Also the only one here close to your age. It sucks to be a young woman in this profession sometimes. 

   "We also believe she dissociates whenever she takes a child. She feels like it's her own, and feels like she has been given a second to save him," J.J. says. 

"She then awakens from her sadness and dissociative state and finds the child. She is so overwhelmed with grief and guilt that she takes the child to a place nearby and gives what we feel is a funeral," You say. 

   After about another five minutes, Emily finishes up the profile. "She may frequently visit stores for children, playgrounds, and even schools. Please keep an eye out. Thank you." 

________________________________________________________________________________

   Two days later, the woman has been caught, as well as an extremely scared and dehydrated young boy. Now you're back at the police station, the boy eating and drinking for the first time in about three days. His parents hug him repeatedly and dote over him, getting him everything he asks for.