Tadashi Hamada X Reader

"So, you wanna play Xbox when we get back to the cafe?" asks my best friend, Hiro Hamada.
   "Sure. What game though, you have anything new?" I ask, grabbing my Robotics textbook and stuffing it in my book bag.
   "Yeah, I got Binary Domain IV last week," he says, also grabbing his things.
   "Sweet, let's go," I say, walking out of our shared lab. Hiro hands me a stick of gum, and takes one for himself. We start chewing in sync, as well as placing our earbuds in our ears as well.
   Hiro and I are so alike in our actions that people often think we're related some how. But no, we've just been around each other for so long that one person's habits became our habits.
   Like the gum thing, that's all me. I love gum so much, our friend Wasabi compares me to our other friend GoGo, who's almost always got gum in her mouth.
   The music thing is Hiro. He pretty much always has some sort of music playing, no matter what he's doing. And usually it doesn't even matter what it is. I for one know that he mostly just uses it as background noise.
   Ever since we met when we were little, we've been around each other. He was there when my dad left my mother and I, I was there when his parents passed. We were just toddlers at both times, yeah. But we still feel the loss every day. Now, it's just his Aunt Cass and my mom taking care of three teenagers.
   I start to think about the third... Hiro's older brother, Tadashi Hamada. Things like his smile, when Hiro and I got accepted into San Fransokyo Institute of  Technology. And his-
   "Y/N. Y/N!" I'm quickly snapped back into reality, Hiro standing in front of me. I look up, and see the glowing city bus. Over my music, I can just just barely hear what Hiro says next."The driver needs your ticket money."
   "Oh! Okay," I reach in my pocket, take out a few quarters. I then step up the bus steps after Hiro, and hand the money over to the driver. He smiles, and the door closes behind me.
   I walk up to Hiro and grab a rail, holding onto it for the short ride back to The Lucky Cat Cafe.
____________________________________

   Once we're at the cafe, we try to run upstairs, only to get stopped by Aunt Cass and my mom, who is there to drop off dinner for the next week for the Hamada's, and my weekly weekend sleepover bag.
   "Young lady, why are you so late?" My mother questions, staring me down. Aunt Cass looks at Hiro with a death glare.
   "We got caught up with our projects in the lab, and missed the first bus. So we decided to stay until the 10 o'clock, and missed that one too. So we decided to wait again, and thankfully we made the 10:30," I say, shrinking a bit from the stares of the two women.
   "Shes right. I was working on the Micro Bots again, and she was working on her HydroLio Gloves," says Hiro from my left side.
   Their death glares then turn into their thinking faces, and Mom turns to the cafe's owner.
   Aunt Cass sighs, and looks at my mother as if saying, "What are we gonna do with these two?" She then turns to us.
   "We were talking about this while worrying our heads off. We think you guys should go to and from school with Tadashi from now on. He just got the Corvette, and we just feel like it's safer this way."
   My mom nods her head in agreement, and hands me my small, pink duffle bag. "So every morning you'll walk over here, Y/N, and every night but Friday you walk home from here. Got it?"
   I nod. "I'm really sorry we were so late. Thank you for not freaking out though, Mom."
   "Yeah, Aunt Cass, I'm really sorry. It won't happen again," Hiro says, slight guilt on his face.
   "She knows it won't, Hiro. Dashi can't leave school without us now, " I say, rolling my eyes.
   He glares at me from the side, and I just smirk. "I know, Y/N. I was just-"
   "Trying to avoid punishment? Not happening mister," Aunt Cass states, crossing her arms over her chest. "You two are gonna help out in the cafe tomorrow from 8:00 until 4:00, taking orders and cleaning."
   I look at Aunt Cass, my mouth open wide. "You didn't really think you were off the hook, did you Y/N?" Aunt Cass says, smiling at my mother.
   I groan, my book bag falling to the floor as I slam my butt on the stool next to my mother. Cass laughs a bit, as does Mom. I then turn to Hiro. "You're taking the orders, not me. I hate people."
   He shrugs, and readjusts the bag on his shoulder. "Fine with me." He then looks to each of our adult counterparts. "Can we go now, Mrs. L/N, Aunt Cass? We were gonna play the new game I got last week."
   "Yes-" Cass starts, and Hiro turns to get upstairs. She stops him and hands him three bags of different foods. "But you have to put the lasagna from Y/M/N in the oven, and set the dinner table."
   Hiro hands me one of the bags, and looks to Aunt Cass. "That's all, then we can play?"
   "Yup. But don't forget to tell your brother about Monday. He already knows, but he'll forget before we even eat. So remind him."
   "Yes, Aunt Cass. We'll tell him, I promise," I reassure her, seeing as how Hiro has just as bad of a memory as his elder sibling. Aunt Cass smiles and brings me into a hug. I hug her back as best I can with the bag in my hand.
   She let's me go, and I turn to my mom. She looks at me, smiling. "I'll see you Monday afternoon, squirt."
   I grab my book bag off of the floor, place it on my shoulders, and kiss her cheek. "Love you, Mom. Thanks again for not calling cops and telling them they should put our faces on milk cartons."
   Aunt Cass and Hiro laugh loudly and my mom's face gets very red, very fast. "It was one time, Y/N. Now go upstairs before I ground you for bringing it up."
   I salute her with my free hand. "Yes ma'am. Will do." I then turn to my best friend. "Run," I whisper.
      We do just that, with the bags hitting our legs as we go up the stairs. We get to the kitchen, and we're breathless.
   I regain my breath first, so I walk over and set the bag of food I have on the dining table, as well as my school bag. I take out two small wrapped up homemade pizzas, and a large plastic container of my moms delicious cheesy bread.
   Hiro regains his breath as well, and also sets his bags in the table. He takes out a big container of Fettuccine Alfredo, a loaf of pane, three lasagnas, all different flavors, and two medium sized pots of zuppe e salse, or soup, in English.
   Hiro looks over at the cheesy bread and pane. "Yes, she remembered!"
   "What?" I ask, as he stuffs his face with a piece of the bread.
   "Ze 'membered 'ow much I wuved da bed last 'ime," he says, his mouth full. I roll my eyes, and take a thing of lasagna over to the kitchen. He swallows what's in his mouth."What, you know your mom's is the best Italian ever."
   Hiro follows me as I preheat the oven to 325°F, and precede to put everything else in the fridge or freezer. "Yeah, I know," I say, sliding the lasagna in the oven. "But that doesn't mean you can't help me at least put it in the oven. I did help prepare it at home, you know."
   He smirks. "I know. I just like to sit back and watch you do all the work."
   "That's not the way you talk to a lady who is about to have a piping hot lasagna in her hands," says a gruff voice. The door opens, and I see Tadashi squeezing through, the charging station for Baymax in his arms, as well as his files and work bag.
   I run over and pull the door open, grabbing the bag and files. I then move to let him in, placing his stuff on the dining table.
   "Thanks, Y/N," Tadashi says, placing the station on the floor. He smiles at me and my stomach does a little flippy floppy flip.
   I smile back, as Hiro comes up, his mouth one again full. "Shuh uh, Dashi. I juhs jooin."
   Tadashi rolls his eyes, a trait both boys have. Hiro sits next to him, finally swallowing the gob of food in his mouth. Tadashi plugs in Baymax and then starts going through his files.
   "Hey, Y/N, do you think you could help me with the Hydro Thermal Treatment on Sunday. I have a patient that needs really needs it, but I've never actually done it before," asks Tadashi, as I go back into the kitchen and check on dinner.
   "She'll do anything for you, why do you even ask?" says Hiro, putting his feet up on chair across from him.
   I blush beet red, just as my mother did earlier. A trait her and I both have. I hide my face as I open the oven and take the lasagna out. And then, just as I'm about to answer, Aunt Cass comes through the door, brownies in her hands.
   "What are you doing sitting down Hiro? I told you to put the lasagna on, not Y/N!"
   Hiro just shrugs, as usual. "She did it all by herself."
   "Yeah, but you could've at least offered to help," mumbles Tadashi. "She helps you all the time."
   I smile at his words, at his sticking up for me. I take out the plates, and a knife and spatula. I think of an addition to the current topic as I cut out pieces for all of us. "It's okay. I'll just make him give me his gummy bears later. And one of his brownies," I say, giggling.
   "Ughhhh not my gummies! Come on, I'll help you with everything tomorrow, I promise!" Hiro says, finally getting up to help pass out plates of food.
   I smile at Cass, who is now next to me at the fridge, getting drinks for everyone. She smiles back, and I know what she's about to do. Which in turn just makes me smile wider.
   "Actually, you don't have to worry about your gummy bears, Hiro. I got you more this afternoon," says Aunt Cass, grabbing a small bag from the fridge.
   "What? Yes! Ha, Y/N, you can't keep gummies away from me. They just come to me no matter what." Hiro comes over and takes the bag from Aunt Cass. I start to giggle as I see his face contort in false horror, but very real confusion.
   "Baymax said I didn't need these anymore. That my anxiety has decreased since freshman year."
   "Well, I still had the order coming in, so...here you go. Y/N decides whether or not you get the normal ones now. All her choice," Aunt Cass says, winking at me.
   "You eat all of those, you get yours back. Okay?" I say, taking dinner into the dining room, Cass following me with the drinks.
   Hiro huffs, knowing he'll get a stomach ache if he eats all of the CBD gummies in a short time.
  I see Tadashi smile at my little victory while he's staring at his work. I then remember I never answered his question.
   "I'd love to," I say, putting his food down in front of him.
   He lifts his head and smiles even wider. "Thanks, you're a life saver. Once you teach me, can you code Baymax so he knows how?"
   "Sure," I smile, then turn and sit down as I see Hiro already digging into his food.
   Aunt Cass and I stare at him as he downs everything in a few short moments. He pauses as he notices us staring.
   "I'm a growing boy, jeez," He says, grabbing another slice of lasagna.
   I giggle, taking a bite of my own food.
____________________________________