Chpt 1: I've known you my whole life

- flash back -

"What's in your bag pizza face?!" one kid yelled at Yamaguchi, tears rolled down his cheeks as more and more insults rolled off the bullies tongue's, "j-just leave me alone" he pleaded to the older boys, minutes later a tall, blonde boy, wearing a purple star hoodie, comes walking by, "Hey tsukki! Help us pick on pizza face here!" one bully yelled to him, Tsukishima looked the boys up and down, looked at Yamaguchi then back at the boys, "Lame" was all that left his mouth, leaving the bullies in shock "what do you mean lame?! Its not lame!" one snickered, "lets just go." they dropped Yamaguchi's things on the floor and walked off.

Yamaguchi looked up at Tsukishima, "T-thank you!" he stood up in a rush and went to bow, "Don't bow down, it was no big deal, don't let them push you around like that." Tsukki looked down at the green haired boy awaiting his response, "Y-yes!" he shouted, picking up his things, bowing slightly anyway and they both went on their ways.

Later that day Yamaguchi was looking for a club activity sport, the other sports had larger boys in them so he stumbled upon volleyball, as he opened the gym door, Tsukishima was there, Yamaguchi got a bit startled, realised who it was and bowed "Thank you for helping me earlier!" Tsukishima frowned a bit, "I said it was no big deal, now move" Yamaguchi smiled "Right! Sorry Tsukki!" he moved out of the blondes' way and let him pass, Tsukki stopped at the bottom of the stairs, "why are you here anyway?" Yamaguchi perked up and turned around "I wanted to try out volleyball, seeing as the other sports had bigger boys in them, this one just seemed less frightening.." he looked down a little ashamed, Tsukki smiled softly "then enjoy it while it lasts" and walked off to get a drink.

From then on, Yamaguchi and Tsukishima started to hang out, seeing as they were in the same year and Yamaguchi never really had friends, he stuck by Tsukki's side from that day on wards. Yamaguchi started to develope what he knew was feelings for Tsukishima, but he didn't think tsukki was into guys at some sort, so just pushed the feelings aside and waited for the future.