Chpt 2: When things happen

- present time, the day they leave for the tokyo training camp -

"Tsukki!! Aren't you excited for the training camp! Its our first one as highschoolers!" Yamaguchi bounced around, "Shut up, Yamaguchi" Tsukki implied, Yamaguchi calmed down a bit "Right, sorry Tsukki!" He beamed a smile at the tall boy, only getting a small scoff in return.

Yamaguchi was really excited cause this was when he was going to tell Tsukishima his feelings towards him, he was nervous sure, but he wanted Tsukki to know, so he could get his honest feelings in return, weather it be rejection or acception, Yams was ninety nine percent sure Tsukishima wasn't in any sort of relationship with anyone, seeing as he's with Yamaguchi most the time. Well not since the practice match with Nekoma high, Tsukki has been hanging out with Yamaguchi less and less on weekends and after school, but he pushes that aside, thinking hes just busy.

The team packed their things into the bus and made their way to Nekoma highschool. Once arrived, they're greated by kuroo and kenma, the captain and setter of Nekoma, Kuroo waved out to Tsukishima, "Hey! Tsukki!" Tsukishima just smiled and grabbed his things, Yamaguchi seen the smile he gave Kuroo, it kinda pained him slightly so he asked, "Hey tsukki? Do you know Nekomas captain?" Tsukishima looked at Yamaguchi with a blunt look, "And what is it to you if I do hmm?" Yamaguchi looked down "O-oh no reason Tsukki, just wondering.." he grabbed his things and quickly walked off, till a hand gripped his arm "hey, are you okay?" it was an unknown voice, soft and kind, but clearly a bit older then he was, he hadn't heard the voice before, "yeah" he responded quickly and kept walking off to put his things away.

The teams later did some training, had dinner and got ready for bed. It was the first years turn for the bath, Yamaguchi noticed that Tsukki wasn't there in the room, he thought he had already left so he didn't worry about it and went to the bath, to relax and let things go, funny thing is Yamaguchi never heard that unfimiliar voice at all for the rest of the day, which was strange, seeing as it sounded like a highschool, he regreted not looking up to see the persons face, but it was in the past, so it didn't matter.

After everyone bathed and got tucked in, it was lights out for everyone, everyone fell asleep in a matter of time, but Yamaguchi, He still hadn't seen Tsukki, he laid awake thinking of where he was, Daichi and Suga knew where he was but couldn't say anything to Yamaguchi as they knew about his crush on Tsukki, since those two were the only two he trusted besides Tsukki. Tsukishima came back at around midnight, Yamaguchi seen him coming, quickly closed his eyes and pretended to sleep, but Tsukishima knew better, that Yams wasn't asleep, "why are you still up Yamaguchi?" Yamaguchi sighed and opened his eyes, "I was worried about you, I didn't know wher-" "Then don't worry about me, simple." Tsukishima snapped back, rolled over and went to sleep, as Yams layed there for a second, trying to process what happened, but eventually just fell asleep without any knowledge of what happened.

When morning arrived, everyone was up, having breakfast and getting ready for the day. Karasuno lost most of their games, which was fine cause practice makes perfect, as they say, so that ended as, sprints or seal crawls for punishment. It was then a Karasuno vs Nekoma game, Kuroo cat whistled to Tsukishima on the court, which didn't please Tsukki too much and kinda annoyed Yams, "Jesus kuroo. Not here please." Yamaguchi couldn't hear what they were saying, but he could tell Tsukki wasn't too happy, "Lighten up sunshine! It's just a whistle~" Kuroo teased at Tsukishima, making him scoff and walk away, "Awww sunshine come back!" Kuroo laughed softly, trying to get his attention, but he got none. They finished up, Karasuno lost, again, So sprints it was, back out on the hill, sprinting 10 laps.

Once the day was done, matches over, everyone was chilling out and it was Yamaguchi's turn to shine, he set his foot out to find Tsukki and tell him how he really feels, he saw the third gym lights on and assumed he was in there. But as he got closer he heard Kuroo's laugh and then Tsukki's, he stopped and stood by the door, just to get a little listen, "Kuroo stop this haha! This isn't fun! Stop ti- hahaha tickling me!"

"Nawww is my baby not having fun~?" kuroo teased, Yamaguchi heard those words, his heart dropped, he stepped back, then walked up like nothing happened, he was determined to tell Tsukki, "Hey tsu-..ki.." He seen the pair kiss and giggle at eachother, till Tsukishima heard Yamaguchi, turned his head to him and tried pushing kuroo away, "he knows now Tsukki" kuroo whispered softly, Tsukki sighed "Fuck, what is it yamaguchi?" tears filled in Yamaguchi's eyes, "I-its okay tsukki! Never mind.." he dropped his head and went to walk out, "What did you need?" he heard Tsukki speak again, looking back at him with tears running down his face, "was just coming to say, I love you" he wiped his eyes and continued walking, Tsukishima and Kuroo were left in shock to Yamaguchi's words, Kuroo looked at Tsukki "So do you still like him?" Tsukishima flicked his head to look at Kuroo, "No I told you this already, I just hang out with him now because he has no friends, but I should do something about this" Kuroo nodded, "you should, the poor kid was heart broken" Tsukishima hummed in response, "Tomorrow, so he can have his space"