Chpt 3: Why did he?

- Second to last day -

The next day went by really slowly, Suga and Yaku noticed Yamaguchi wasn't looking to bright, being the team mom's they were, they went up and asked him what was up, Yamaguchi looked at them in shock and back down again, "I know you both know about Kuroo and Tsukki." Suga sighed softly, "That's why me and Daichi didn't say anything to you." Yamaguchi looked at Suga in despair "Could have told me not to confess yet..." Suga placed a hand on Yamaguchis shoulder, "You had to find out one way or another kid, theres many fish in the sea" Yaku nodded, agreeing with Suga, "What Suga said is true kid, you can make it out of this ditch anyway" Yaku had a soft smile, one he's only ever given Kenma or Lev, when hes not being dumb.

Yamaguchi smiled back, accepting their advice and carried on his day like normal. Things went on and on, Yamaguchi avoided Tsukki as much as he could, but got cornered by him at one point, "Stop avoiding me." Yamaguchi looked down, "why?! You have kuroo, so go hang out with him, he's better than me anyway!" Tsukishima frowned "Dammit Tadashi let me explain," Yamaguchi stopped and listened, he hated it when people used his first name when they were angry, it scared him, "Kuroo and I are dating, yes. But you were going to be my first choice, till I met Kuroo, I thought it'll be better dating someone I haven't met, getting to know them. I was right, so just move on Tadashi, it's nothing special what we had, I only kept hanging out at school so you weren't lonely. So get real with it dammit." Yamaguchi froze in shock, "fuck you tsukki.." he went underneath him and walked away, tears running doing his face, finding somewhere to hide.

On his way there he passed the familiar voice again, "hey are you okay?" they grabbed yamaguchi's shoulder, he ripped away "Mhm" and walked off to karasuno's room. All he wanted was to be alone, but couldn't get that when he noticed the familiar voice followed him. They walked in slowly and with a soft calm voice said "hey, what's wrong?" Yamaguchi sniffed and waved a hand to shoo them away, "Just leave me alone.." the voice hummed and got up "as you wish.." he walked off and closed the sliding door so no one would disturb Yams

Minutes later Yamaguchi went to get a drink, as he did, he heard the same voice from before speaking to him again, "Hey, are you okay now? And what's your name?" it was still soft and caring, just like the last few times, Yamaguchi looked up to see a black haired, green eyed boy, standing next to him with a soft smile, "U-uh! My names.. Yamaguchi Tadashi, I'm okay now thanks." he looked away a bit, The boy patted his head softly, "I'm Akaashi Keiji, nice to meet you, Yamaguchi-kun, I'm glad you're okay now."

Yamaguchi continued to hang out with Akaashi for the rest of the training camp, he told akaashi about what happened with Tsukki, he helped him feel better, to surprise akaashi gave amazing hugs. They exchanged numbers so they could keep in touch after the training camp finished. Things were going well between them till Tsukki noticed how close akaashi and yams were getting on the last day, he wanted to know their relationship, dating? Friends? He didn't want to be replaced as yams best friend, even after what he said, he hated the words that came out of his mouth the second yamaguchi cursed, yams never cursed but when he did you knew he never wanted you back in his life. Tsukishima knew that was the end of it for him and Yamaguchi's friendship but didn't want yams to find another to replace him so easily. That wasn't his main priority right now though, he needed to spend as much time as he could with kuroo before heading back, since kuroo is going on a trip to visit his grandparents in Osaka, for a week, so this is all he had till kuroo returns, so he pushed yams aside for now.

Later on Bokuto ran up to Akaashi and Yamaguchi before it was time to leave, blurting out, "Hey hey! Are you Akaashee's boyfriend?!!" he was clearly making assumptions but Akaashi was really happy when he hung out with yams and talked about him a lot, But that assumption left Akaashi, blushing, hitting Bokuto and walking away and leaving Yamaguchi frozen, bright red and stuttering, Bokuto was clearly confused, tapping yams on the shoulder "are you okay?" Yamaguchi blinked back into reality, "U-uh! Yeah I'm- where's Akaashi!?" he panicked a bit once he realized Akaashi was no longer by his side "Oh! When he gets embarrassed he walks away so he can calm down, he'll be back- Oh! Here he is" Akaashi walked back after a minute or so, completely calm, like nothing happened, "So Akaashi? Are you and freckles dating??" Great he picked that name up off kuroo Yamaguchi thought to himself, staying quiet, "His names Yamaguchi, Bokuto-san" Akaashi replied softly while the owl looked at yams "Oh! Sorry! I just heard kuroo call you that and-"

"Its fine Bokuto" Yamaguchi said quietly, Bokuto smiled and turned back to Akaashi, "well? Are yah?"