6

Chapter Six

I didn't wake up to warmth. Not this time. Instead, when my eyes opened, the covers were on the floor, and sweat was layered on me. It wasn't sweat from being hot, it was sweat from thrashing around through the night. Still cold. My eyes scanned to the dresser, reading the alarm per-usual. It was nine, which surprised me just a little.

The past week I had been waking up at three in the morning. I wonder why I didn- oh. I forgot about that. Speaking of that, I glanced down to see the nappie peaking out of my pj's. I stared at the dinosaur nappie, it made me feel...strange. I liked the dinosaur designs, but I didn't know why.

Why would I like an extinct long-necked species that got killed by an asteroid or something? Why'd I liked how they looked drawn by a little kid? Why did the kiddy design make me smile just a little? It wasn't really making sense. Whatever. The nappie was soaked and cold, causing me to shake just a little. A sigh left my thin lips as I stood up, blushing as the nappie crinkled slightly.

Once I was standing properly, I tried to take off the cold foam around my lower regions. Let's just say, it wasn't exactly working. I had slid my trousers down, but the godforsaken thing wouldn't come off, no matter how hard I tugged at it! I groaned as tears welled up out of frustration. Why wouldn't the stupid nappie come off?!

My door suddenly opened revealing Zayn, and my face flushed a deep red. He took in the situation quickly, then walked over to me slowly. He crouched in front of me as tears ran down my face. He gently wiped the tears smiling softly at me. "Hey bud, I thought you'd still be sleeping. Can I help you?"I wiped my eyes and hiccuped before nodding.

His smile was warm, much like his eyes making me feel safe in his presence. He grabbed a towel out of the bathroom, coming back, and setting on the ground. He patted it and I got the message, laying down without eye contact. The whole time he was changing me he was whispering sweet things, telling me stuff like, "I'm so proud of you." which made me feel nice.

Once I was dressed for the day- which Zayn helped me do most of- he hoisted me up carefully into his strong arms. I felt his lips on my forehead, and I looked down with a smile. I found that when Curly or Zayn- hell when Niall kissed me on my forehead, it made me feel...loved. Like someone other than Liam cared about me.

It was silly, I know. I just liked that they seemed to care about me. It was a nice feeling I wasn't too familiar with anymore. "I liked the dinosaurs." The words were soft-spoken, and Zayn turned his head to look straight at me. His eyes were soft and questioning, silently telling me to go on. "On the nappies. I don't know why, it's weird. I shouldn't be liking them, they're just dinosaurs. But for some reason, they seem to make me smile."

Zayn smiled widely at me, shaking his head with a laugh. He looked back up to me with sparkling eyes, and he said softly, "Baby, you like them because you're a kid. Kids like things like dinosaurs, and coloring, toys, and stuff. It's not weird to like dinosaurs, you're eleven. You hear me?"

My eyes shined in curiosity, I wouldn't exactly call myself a kid- I don't think like a kid. Maybe it was finally okay to be one in this house though.

I smiled and nodded, satisfied with the answer. No words were said when we walked downstairs- well, Zayn walked downstairs. He was still carrying me in his arms. As we got down there I saw Curly and Ni cooking. They were smiling and laughing making an involuntary smile form on my face. I could get used to this- could. If Lima wasn't apart of it with me, I simply wouldn't have it.

Once the two notice us, they both smiled. "Good morning Lou!"

They said it in sync making me smile, and Zayn put a mock-offended face on before commenting, "Wow, didn't know I was so unloved!" The other two smiled and Curly chuckled before walking over to us, and he kissed Zayn on the lips with a smile.