nineteen and a half

LONG AGO, there was a star that was once the brightest in the universe. It outshined anything else around it. The way it twinkled would have put diamonds to shame. Yet, all good things come to an end.

    Some of it floated away into the vast emptiness of space, never to be seen again. Some say that another star was born, one just as bright. Most of it fizzled out into nothingness, but the smallest amount found its way falling to Earth.

    Specks of the heavens trickle down until the atoms rearrange into many things over eons.

    Two trees stood tall side by side, branches intertwined until they were one.

    A drop of water trickled from a creek, to a stream, to a river until it's drawn to one specific droplet of the ocean.

    Two lovers, separated by class, ran away together to live in a field of daisies.

    A purple and orange crystal rested on the ingredients table of the town witch.

    The sun sunk into the same part of the mountain every night.

    A baker gifted a cupcake to a woman with a smile as sweet as honey.

    There was the smell of lavender as the dancers waltzed in the ballroom.

    Two best friends, oh so in love, meet again after each facing tragic ends.

    Somehow, someway, Stardust always finds its way back to each other.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆