one and a half

"I'M STARTING TO THINK YOU'RE A WITCH OR SOMETHING."

"Oh?" Emmy replies, tucking her hair behind her ear. Not long after, the noir strand fell loose, back onto her face.

"Yeah," Luke confirms. He was lying on his stomach on her twin sized bed as she sat against the headboard. Due to the small size of her mattress, he was still able to reach over and tuck that piece of hair back into its rightful place.

"Don't touch me," she scolds him instantly.

"I know," he whispers back quietly, not able to take his eyes off of her. She didn't notice though. "I'm your best friend. I know what you like and what you don't."

"So, you should know the best out of everyone not to get in my space," Emmy tsks, but she couldn't help but smile. Absentmindedly, Luke rests a hand on her calf. Neither of them realize that her personal space bubble had been popped, but they both felt the repercussions of it.

The racing heart. The butterflies. The warmth.

"Why do you think I'm a witch?" she asks after a moment of quick silence.

Luke blinks, as if he forgot that he was even mentally present in the room. "I don't know." Emmy scoffs at that. "Whenever I'm with you, I feel dizzy. I think you smacked my voodoo doll around or something."

"I only threw him out the window once, you big baby."

Luke gawks at her, inching closer to her once again. This time, he rests his chin on her leg, looking up at her with his pretty eyes and dreamy smile.

"Emmy," he murmurs. She hums in response, and he has to stop his stomach's gymnastics routine at the sound of it. "Can you do me a favor?"

"No."

He digs his chin into her and she attempts to shove him off, their laughter bouncing off the walls of her childhood bedroom. "Em," he says again.

"Yes?"

"Can you give my voodoo doll a little kiss on the forehead? I need it."

"Shut up."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

onlyphans:
so basically i'll be updating twice in one day if i ever do update to show the present and pieces of the past
usually the two chapters will relate tehe
lemme know what you guys think of the story so far!!