prolouge

Even a blank canvas says a lot.

And so emotions.

"Divina. Have you heard what I was saying?"

He impatiently tapped the wooden table. Mingyu rolled his eyes while he scratched his eyebrow in annoyance. This wasn't the first time that he had to call her attention this morning.

She felt guilty. He rarely stayed at home and she couldn't even focus on him.

"I-i am sorry. I spaced out. Can you please repeat it again?"

Mingyu sighed.

"I won't be coming home until four days. I have work to do."

A lot of things were running inside Divina's head, like her creative mind was popping a lot of thoughts and ideas for her next work. She was excited to tell how her days went these last two weeks that they were apart, and even asked him how was his work. She even wished to clarify the relationship between them, but she couldn't bring it up.

Not when Mingyu looked disinterested and impatient to leave.

"Okay." Divina agreed not like she has a choice.

And silence.

The meal was not even half-finished but Mingyu had already stood up.

"I have to go now."

Instinctively, she moved close to him and fixed the creased on his necktie. He flinched a little from the sudden contact.

She immediately withdraw her hands away from him and asked for his permission.

"Can I help you?"

Mingyu diverted his gaze and nodded. Her hand touched him so softly that he wouldn't be able to tell that she was touching him.

Funny how they were this close, but their hearts were so far.

"Take care." Divina stepped back, giving him his comfort space back.

"You too."

And with that, he walked out of the door.

She stared at the door, counting numbers to ten. Hoping that Mingyu will comeback and give him some little affection before he leaves for work.

But seconds turn to minute and minutes turn to a hour, he was not coming back. She must have been desperate these past few weeks so that she began to wish for a little bit touch of sweetness.

The ring from her phone sent her back to her senses. The caller was enough to recall all her thoughts back.

She answered the call.

"Aren't you going home?" That's the first word that came out from her sister's mouth.

Divina didn't pay attention to her sister's words. This wasn't the first time that she was asked this question.

"Aren't you tired of me asking the same question? I've been asking you that five years ago. You should have come home by that first time." Kwon Daisy, her sister, expressed her distress over the phone. It has been five years since Divina left their home to live in with Kim Mingyu. She left her princess life to take care of the guy who never asked to be take care of.

"It won't be long anymore." She replied back. The house that she was staying was not even happy and warm to begin with, but she chose to stay because she loved him. She wished to take care of him and spent the rest of their lives together.

But...

"Did you open my present to you?" Divina glanced on the box that was resting from the floor.

She was planning to dispose it as it arrived, but she never had a chance when Mingyu suddenly came home.

"It's getting bigger and bigger than the last time that you sent me one."

"Because I know that you throw it everytime. I compiled everything that you missed to see."

She picked up the box from floor. She needed to burn it before anyone saw it.

"Are you afraid? That's the whole package of evidence that will send you home instantly." Her sister scared her.

"Stop this."

"Go home, Divina. Stop that foolishness. Don't make me drag you out from that house."

And with that, the call ended.

It was not a joke. She knew that her sister would do it if she had to.

She scanned the box. By the looks of it, maybe a thousand of pictures were inside.

The blade of the cutter cuts through the tapes of the package. A peek will not hurt.

Lies.

Divina bit her lip till it bleed when she found a handful of pictures of Mingyu flirting and making out with different women.

She promised that she would not cry over this.

Even when Mingyu kept cheating on her.

But could you even consider it as cheating when they were not even in a relationship?