one

DISBELIEF.

Seungcheol can't hide his emotions when he find Mingyu walking inside his bachelor's pad. Not that he doesn't allow his friends to come around. It's just that this day is so important for someone else and here is this asshole.

"What are you doing here?"

"Can't I come here?" Mingyu fall on the white leather couch and slump on it. He does not show any sign that he'll be moving out anytime soon.

"From what I've heard from Daisy, it's Divina's birthday today. You should stay with her and celebrate." He emphasizes the last sentence.

"Why should I?" And the other keeps on being a stone-hearted.

"You know that she has no one to celebrate with. She ran away from her family to stay with you."

As much as Daisy wants to celebrate her sister's birthday, family duties are really holding her off. Divina doesn't like the limelight of the Kwon family.

"I didn't ask for it." Mingyu remark.

Seungcheol sighs in defeat. There's no point on extending this conversation with a close-minded man. He can't imagine how Divina feels knowing that he is avoiding her.

"I should come and ask the boys to greet her." He comes up with an idea that will help her celebrate such special day of her life.

"Why are you so kind to Divina? Is it because she's your ex-fiancee's sister?"

Seungcheol freezes on where he stands. He calls all the saints that he knows to give him the patience to ignore Mingyu.

His hands are on his waist and he shows that he's not playing around.

"Didn't I teach you to shut up and think before you speak? Keep that in mind, Mingyu."

Those are the last words he given Mingyu before he leave the bothered boy.

----------------------------------

Divina is grateful.

She's so thankful that Seungcheol, her sister's ex-fiancee is sweet enough to spend her birthday with her and he invited his friends too.

She's not expecting that Mingyu will come, not that he attended even once on her five years of stay with him. Mingyu is always busy on her birthday, but she never questioned it even when she knows that he is only avoiding her.

But Divina can't deny that sometimes she prays that he stays with her once. Or even greet her.

But he never does.

That is why she is ecstatic to see Mingyu coming back to their shared apartment one hour before her birthday passes. This is the first time that it happened.

Mingyu always scheduled a 1 week work appointment or a date with some models just to avoid her birthday.

It sparks joy on Divina's heart that for the first time in five years, he is here.

He came.

"Hey. Have you eaten?" She asks him excitedly. She tails him like a puppy excited to see his owner back.

But Mingyu isn't returning the same energy that she has. He seems..annoyed...irritated... He isn't planning to make her happy.

"I have prepared a dinner. Do you want to eat together?" Divina insists again. There are still left overs from the party and she cooks a few little more dishes that are his favorites in case Mingyu decides to show up.

"Mingyu, I-"

"I'm tired. I would like some quiet and peaceful night by myself." He cut her off with those cold words.

The excitement on her part dies down. She feels embarrassed.

Am I pushing him too much?

She gazes at his back. He never turn around to face her.

She gets it. She's not gonna get anything from him, not even a greeting.

"Of course, you do. Just in case you change your mind, I'll be here outside."

And he slams his door right at her face.

Divina smiles bitterly, but she can't do anything about it.

The doorbell rings. She looks at the time. Who might be coming this late? It's almost midnight.

She walks right at the door and she is surprised to see a famous face.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I called her." It is Mingyu. He comes out after he hears the door bell.

A young lady enters without further ado. She shoved her away. Divina knows her. She's this model that Mingyu worked with last week.

"The food you said that you cooked, can you heat it for us?"

Divina can't tell which pains her more. Everything he does is like a dagger being stabbed to her heart.

"Sure..."

And she watches him kissing another girl on her birthday.