chapter three

"Follow me, and this time, don't get lost." Sasuke said, helping me carry my newly delivered textbooks to my locker. I nodded and awkwardly trotted behind him, still thinking on those words he said back there. Deciding it must've been a misunderstanding, I let it pass. I wasn't going to be the one to bring it up.

"Walk fast, the bell's about to ring and soon these halways are going to flood before you know it." Sasuke said as soon as the first bell rang. We left P.E. early in hopes of delivering the heavy books to my locker, but I guess less than five minutes wasn't enough time to walk from the gym all the way to the other side if the school towards my locker. Nevertheless, I kept up.

Setting my books down, Sasuke reached out for the books I held. As he took them, I took out a piece of paper holding the information for my locker.

"Let me see that." Sasuke said, taking the sheet from me and twisting the lock to its right combination.

"Sasuke!" Although the call wasn't for me, my head turned quickly to see who was calling him. A cute, short girl ran up, huffing for air as she stopped before us. "Are you going to the game?"

"Its today?" Sasuke asked. "I thought that was on thurday."

"It is Thursday." The girl said. "They're still selling tickets in the commons."

"Here," Sasuke dig into his pockets, handing money to the girl. "Buy me two tickets. Keep the change."

"Mhm!" The girl happily nodded, turning away to run back where she came from.

"Oh, Tenten!" Sasuke called, "tell Hinata I'll be coming!" He yelled past the flood of students passing by. Turning to me as he closed the locker, he asked, "are you free today after school?"

'If I'm thinking what I think you're thinking, I think not.' I signed.

"Just for a bit, the games usually last about an hour or two." He said, once again walking me to my second class. "You're new, so you have to get used to it. Volunteering and showing up at school games is something you have to take part in. Student life, you know?" Sasuke kind of explained.

Its true this school had an unbelievable amount of pride. But remembering what I was actually here for, taking part in after school activities wasn't something that sounded too appealing. My focus was studying after all.

". . because I mean, I already paid for you." I heard the last bit of Sasuke's sentence as I snapped back from my thoughts.

'Do I have to?'

He nodded. "Just this one time, please?" He pleaded, his hands together as he waited for some type of agreement on my part.

I sighed, 'I guess.'

That boy's face gave the weirdest smiles. But I guess it was cool. Now that I look at him I guess he was kind of attractive. Ha, somebody pinch me I think I'm developing feelings. What is this development?

"Sasuke, I thought you weren't going to show up today." A monotone voice said from behind us. "And who is this? Could this be the famous scholarship student?"

"Kakashi sensei, this is Naruto." Sasuke said, stepping aside for Kakashi to enter his classroom.

"Yes, I see. I heard you were mute, but its fine. I know some sign myself but its not enough, I'll let Sasuke be of help with that, ey?" He said, struggling to open his classroom door. Finally changing the key to another key, the door opened and we walked in to the dark classroom.

Holy mother of ramen. This classroom was huge.

"Welcome to literature." Kakashi said, taking in my astonishment and lazily smiling himself. "Take whichever seat you'd like, I'm making a new seating chart anyways. " he said, gesturing towards Sasuke to sit by me.

'Can you ask him to let me stay in the front?' I tapped on Sasuke's shoulder so he could see my hands. He nodded, speaking up to ask Kakashi my question.

"I don't mind. Go ahead." Was his answer.

Class didn't start until a few more minutes, yet still there was barely anybody in the classroom. I gotta say, sitting by Sasuke was awkward as he just sat there, blankly staring at the white board. I was about to tap his shoulder again when I finally realized people were coming in, the bell ringing as soon as the last one made it in.

Wait, shouldn't there be more people? There were only five people in this huge class.

I guessed Kakashi must've noticed my confusion, he looked at me and explained how this was an accelerated class. "Not many kids take this seriously, so naturally, we have to drip them into a more 'easier' class. These are the only ones left." He said, his hands playing with the cap of a dry erase marker.

Wow. My previous judgment of this school was slowly diminishing. I honestly thought accelerated classes were packed but. . I guess not, huh?