chapter seven

The rest of the day was boring. I spent most of it inside the room staring down towards the Uchiha and let me tell you, he's a jerk.

And he calls himself the student council president? HOW.

It was around three in the afternoon when classes seemed to end and everybody flooded out of the main building towards the dorms. It was amazing to see everybody gather around the tree for some reason. It was lively.

Sasuke and his group disbanded, Anko was the first to leave and where the group went, I had no idea.

Anxious as to where Sasuke went, I stared towards the door, awaiting the moment when he stepped in.

Let's just say, it wasn't him that walked in.

"How is it going?" Gaara asked. Seeing my confusion, he explained that this wasn't his room, he was just dropping by. "Some of the guys hang out here, I think you'll hate it. We do get kind of loud." He sat on the bed and lay down.

"You can use my room, if you want. I don't share it with anybody." He took the plastic card out of his pocket and threw it towards me. "Anko gave it to me. You can have it."

I nodded, and made a sign that meant "thanks." Though I'm sure he didn't understand.

He looked over at me, his face was emotionless and his eyes so. . . dark. He was lost in thought, I suppose, and it was awkward. "That's a thanks, riught?" He asked, voice uninterested, like he couldn't be bothered but did anyway.

I nodded. He finally looked away and let out a quiet hm.

"Are you sure you should be saying that? I could beat you easily!" Two boys walked in, one of them grabbing the other by the collar and throwing him in, laughing as the boy fell on the floor.

I panicked, thinking both were going to fight, but to my surprise, they started laughing. Gaara woke up and stared at them.

"Kiba, you have a roommate." He said, and the boy I assumed to be Kiba looked up towards me and frowned.

"You are?"

"His name is Naruto." Gaara answered for me.

Kiba walked over towards me, leaning down to face me and placed a hand over my shoulder, "Listen up, kid. I've had this room most of my school life and the rules aren't going to change just because you're new here. You don't like 'em, then step out." I nodded quickly, this must be the problem student Anko was talking about.

"Kiba, don't scare him." The other boy was up on his feet and stretched his arms. "Listen Narutolots of guys hang out here. You might want to find a place if you don't want to be around a bunch of losers."

"You're one to talk, Shika." Kiba laughed, going back to fighting him. The two laughed as Kiba punched the other in the face and Shika punched him in the gut.

These people are w e i r d.

"Guys, maybe we should let him hang around us, he's new here after all. He'll need friends." A new kid entered the room, dark glass over his eyes and a dark hoodie over his head.

"Eh? I guess. But he looks like he's a nerd." Kiba stared towards me, Shika locked in his hold.

"What do you think?" Gaara's stoic voice asked. "We only hang out here, we don't do much."

"Yeah, and if we do, we only watch movies and shit. Anko likes us so we won't get in trouble." Kiba said, walking over to the hoodied guy and leading him outside the room.

I didn't notice the look on his face, though. Something fishy was going on outside and I knew the hoodied kid was delivering something.

"How about it?" Shika asked, standing in front of the door as to not let me look anymore towards the 'business' outside.