addressing something

all lowercase

i've addressed this in comments many times before, but i realize i've never taken the time to mention it in a chapter, and for that i am very sorry.

in this book, dorcas is white.
currently (and in all of my other books) i see dorcas as a black woman, with the face claim ashley moore. you can look at my other books (mainly sparks fly cause that's the only other one i think i have her face claimed) and that will show you that.

why is dorcas white in this book?
this is a flimsy and dumb "excuse" but this book and the intros are almost 3 years old by now (2018). at the time of first publishing and my first 15 chapters or so, i had 30 followers and like no reads. i know i should still hold myself accountable, but in writing this book, i did not know that dorcas was canonically poc and that is my fault for not researching or looking into. i never thought it would get as much traction or attention as this book has, so in making this, i did it based on how i imagined the characters 3 years ago because i wrote this purely for myself and not for readers.

why haven't i changed it?
so, i am having trouble with this. the reason i didn't change the fc and pictures of dorcas is because 1. this was my first book and i want to preserve it as such, 2. some of these pictures were so goddamn hard to find that i 3. do not have the time to change every single picture of her in this book. i am a student, i'm in extracurriculars, i have friends, family and a social life. i do not devote most of my time to this account or this book, and i genuinely do not have the time.

this book will most likely come to an end soon, and if i decide to post another instagram book, dorcas will be poc.

i sincerely apologize to anyone i have hurt by making dorcas white. i have no excuse, and i'm very sorry. i wish i could snap my fingers and change it all, or at least have the time to replace everything.

i did not and never will intend to be racist or discriminatory. period.

ps: someone also pointed out that if peter was drunk while kissing bestia jones, he would not have been able to consent.
in this kiss, both parties were drunk but not to the point of not being able to consent. both people involved wanted and consented to the kiss, and made that known. that is all i will say.

once again, i am so so so sorry for any harm i have caused.

just note, anything hateful, accusatory, rude, etc. that is commented in an attempt to shame or ridicule me will be deleted. things people say hurt. i'm a human and words hurt.

thank you for both understanding and holding me accountable.

i understand if you do not want to, but my book sparks fly has dorcas as an african american woman, and a chapter in the near future will be discussing sexual assault, the effects and the misconceptions of it.

as always, i love you all and hope you have an amazing day or night wherever you are <3

~ brynlee